OK, so the in_mouse stuff didn't work.
I then tried the in_nograb and it worked perfectly.
But I have to enter it before every game I play.
I tried creating an autoexec.cfg file in the folder mentioned above, and just having the line:
But that did not work.
I then opened the existing qzconfig.cfg file and found a bunch of different settings.
Each line began with the word "seta" and each numbered parameter had quotes around it.
So, I added a line to that file that said:
seta in_nograb "0"
Unfortunately, that did not work either.
I then went back to the qzconfig.cfg file and the line I added was gone and the time stamp of the file had changed, so it appears this file is created whenever a game is started.
I would try some other things, but now it won't start the plug-in!
I even followed directions in another thread to delete cache, cookies, and baseq3 files, and it still won't start.
Maybe the servers are just hosed right now. I'll try again tomorrow.
But if anyone can figure out how to make the in_nograb 0 setting permenant, please reply here.