+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: August 11th changes

Junior Member Jawz is on a distinguished road

Old Posts

What are the chances of getting the old developer blog posts back? I can see why you purge stuff over time, but the dev blogs tell us what changes were made (cvars and such). They are way more detailed than what you get in game going through cvars.

Junior Member rusyn is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by peTerp00n View Post
    hi there, i am from south africa and i was wondering if it would be possible to lift the tier restrictions (for large games) here. we have a smallish player-base and these days im finding it very difficult to join any large games (as a skilled player) because all the lower skilled players join servers so it locks the rest of us out. there arent enough tier 4(?) players here to play CA on our own and its frustrating and people play less quake because of this. CA unranked 10 player servers would be ideal. it would help if tdm, ctf, ffa were unranked too. i can see how ranking helps balance games in places with large player-bases but since the start it has just been a thorn in the side of the smaller south african player-base many of whom log in because they want to join the big games and get disappointed when they can only find duels.
    I would like to second this. It's now a rare occurrence that I get to play CA, and playing against bots isn't particularly rewarding.

*gote
    I'm going to third this. In aus, i really have the choice of duels or duels. CA servers (There is only 1 with people in it normally) are all telling me my skill is too high. I can only see there are CA servers with people as friends at similar skill levels are playing in them. It isn't just me either, quite a few decent players are complaining about it

I've had fewer games since I bought pro than ever before ironically enough :[

Junior Member pistolp4 is on a distinguished road
    wazaaaa gote

Senior Member how_do_i_shoop is on a distinguished road
    piiiistoolll gooootteeeeee

i actually have so many ca games coming up saying my skill is too high and i cant join and i click on it and see players like nutcase and 2g. clan ppl and other good players. and we all know how ****e i am at ca

*gote
    Something i thought of too, would it be easier simply to have an unranked server for each gametype (probably more team games than duel) for each server, instead of completely limiting how the tiers can interact?

That way newbs could choose whether they wanted to play on the harder servers, hence removing the predatory aspects which seem to form the basis for the change.

*Shadenine
    When will there be another update? I`m still waiting and when another gametype is added (cpma defrag) I`l probably buy premium

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadenine View Post
    When will there be another update? I`m still waiting and when another gametype is added (cpma defrag) I`l probably buy premium
    defrag in QL will be terrible. i warn the universe now...

Senior Member Anhedonic is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawz View Post
    What are the chances of getting the old developer blog posts back? I can see why you purge stuff over time, but the dev blogs tell us what changes were made (cvars and such). They are way more detailed than what you get in game going through cvars.

Try ESR, all the logs should be there
    <Anhedonic> DOGS HAVE LEGS
    * Anhedonic has quit IRC (Signed off)

* SyncError sets mode: +m #quakelive

<SyncError> Everyone please note...
    <SyncError> Dogs have legs.
    <SyncError> Okay carry on.
    * SyncError sets mode: -m #quakelive

+ Reply to Thread