+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: August 11th changes

Junior Member Pila is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by naity View Post
    please reduce public ctf server size to 10/8/6 again.... 12 is pure ffa and chaos.
    Exactly. That 6 vs 6 ctf is idiotic. Do you play your game sometimes? Have you ever tried play spacectf 6 vs 6? Do you like it?
    This is just pure carnage. No skill, no tactics. FFA instead of ctf.

Bring small servers back!

Junior Member peTerp00n is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by radix View Post
    Locations with very few hardware resources will only maintain a small number of public servers without tier restrictions (these matches have "Unrestricted Match" where there would otherwise be a skill indicator).
    hi there, i am from south africa and i was wondering if it would be possible to lift the tier restrictions (for large games) here. we have a smallish player-base and these days im finding it very difficult to join any large games (as a skilled player) because all the lower skilled players join servers so it locks the rest of us out. there arent enough tier 4(?) players here to play CA on our own and its frustrating and people play less quake because of this. CA unranked 10 player servers would be ideal. it would help if tdm, ctf, ffa were unranked too. i can see how ranking helps balance games in places with large player-bases but since the start it has just been a thorn in the side of the smaller south african player-base many of whom log in because they want to join the big games and get disappointed when they can only find duels.

Junior Member sys_err is on a distinguished road
    Small servers back, now.
    I bought pro and found out that there are only big servers left boo hoo

Junior Member N3ckb0n3 is on a distinguished road
    Not sure if it is just me but the targeting feels a bit slushy lately. Seems like I am needing to give more lead on my shots to get a hit. Doesn't sound like the newest updates had any changes related to that, but maybe the overloaded servers are having some screen refresh latency? Maybe I was just too sober also. Big possibility...

Junior Member ninjakenny is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarklar View Post
    That's not true, that's the point here. It's completely ranked. Too high or too low skilled players can't join an ista match, unlike in beta. Except these new unrestricted ones.
    Insta has always been ranked (skill wise) however it has not been restricted. In beta, if you were a pro and were only showing skill matched servers you would never see low skill insta servers, and vice-versa. It muddied the waters somewhat that this was never indicated in the match browser but customizing the view to show all skill insta servers clearly changed the list. I think it was a good move to restrict instas on skill however there was always going to be a need for unrestricted.

Member WishfulThinking is on a distinguished road
    For 'pro' account users there should be an option to have your own insta server count to frags.

Junior Member Hascha is on a distinguished road
    Iīm Pro Subscriber for about 2 weeks now, and actually im a little bit pissed.

The game i wanna play is CA 2v2/3v3. Itīs VERY hard for me to find games, most of the time itīs impossible.

So please ID, bring us back public 4/6/8/10 slot servers. A lot of people would appreciate this!
    I refer to the Petition at "Suggestions Forum":
    http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...rvers-Petition

Regards.

*Felucca911
    Quote Originally Posted by sys_err View Post
    Small servers back, now.
    3v3 4v4 and 5v5 plz

Senior Member Drill_Sarge is on a distinguished road Drill_Sarge's Avatar
    dunno why they removed those low population servers.
    and please fix tons of full servers showing up in server browser.

EDIT:
    and fix the map rotation. always getting to heart or spillway which really suck with only 12ppl servers.
    Last edited by Drill_Sarge; 08-23-2010 at 09:43 PM.

*mon0
    They wont fix anything cause they **** on the community.
    Instead of fixing 1000 times requested things they start useless Featherweight-Nubservers. GG id, i hope ur happy with our money.

+ Reply to Thread