+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: August 11th changes

Senior Member Salamatiqus is on a distinguished road Salamatiqus's Avatar
    MrMarklar
    Look, for example, I have a server running QL serverside software. My server is dualcore with 2 gigs of RAM (low resources). On my machine Id allows to play only ranked matches including ranked instagibs. Why? Because it will prevent joining more players to "not existed" Unranked server on my machine. Players most of time will see "Your skill is to high/low" on my machine and will not join game, so my machine will not be overloaded with players of all skill levels.
    For example on your powerful machine (12-core with 24 gigs of ram) Id will allow to play unranked games, because more players will not overload your machine.
    bind END "quit'

Senior Member Marklar is on a distinguished road Marklar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey_Pain View Post
    Rank means that it uses the ELO system to determine which players are about the same skilllevel. Players that are too good, or too bad will be locked out. Unranked means, that anyone can join, even if they are way too good or bad.
    That's it, that's what I always thought, thanks! I'm not stupid then.
    That means instagib is ranked. It is now affected by the skill tier system working by the ELO ratings, just like every other gamemode.

But why does the site still say instagib is an unranked game?

It IS ranked, since it's clearly under the skillmatching system. You can see the green and grey skill indicating marks on the pictures.
    This brand-new "unrestricted" type server is basically the same as "unranked" was in beta. This is a bit messed up there.
    Last edited by Marklar; 08-14-2010 at 10:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAimNoName View Post
    You cannot convince someone who does not think.

*Icey_Pain
    As far as I can tell, the developers made it ranked again, but forgot to properly display it. In the beta, there was no such thing as instagib with a skill level display.

Yea, they messed it up a little bit, confusing for a lot of ppl.

Junior Member ProT is on a distinguished road
    My guess is that although it is "unranked" in the sense that anybody can join, it indicates the current "rank" average of the players in each server.

Quote Originally Posted by ProT View Post
    although it is "unranked" in the sense that anybody can join
    That's not true, that's the point here. It's completely ranked. Too high or too low skilled players can't join an ista match, unlike in beta. Except these new unrestricted ones.

Senior Member MarkusArailias is on a distinguished road
    diddnt solve the issues im having email me @ nighttimepunk@msn.com thing is im running two machines in a group cfg , on is dell sc420 has two ligical processors, the other is amd 64, the dell has 3 os on it and my machine has 2 so plz be careful with what happens, specks are dell pentium quad duo 3 gigs ram on board intel grafix 2 sata drives win xp, win 7, server 2005, other is amd 64 ,4gigs ram at 1600 mhz, 1 sata and 1 pata drives , pny 8500 gt 512 mb , all this is in an array and my system has win7 enterprise with server 2008 r2 core all vm. i noticed alot of game changes and have ben telefraged 3 times and i rater linux guys keep their coding for linux machines. theres gotta be a way to keep the hacks out. i spend more time reconfiguring than i want to id rather be playing.
    Last edited by MarkusArailias; 08-15-2010 at 09:48 PM.

*sf1nx
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighttimepunk View Post
    diddnt solve the issues im having email me @ nighttimepunk@msn.com thing is im running two machines in a group cfg , on is dell sc420 has two ligical processors, the other is amd 64, the dell has 3 os on it and my machine has 2 so plz be careful with what happens, specks are dell pentium quad duo 3 gigs ram on board intel grafix 2 sata drives win xp, win 7, server 2005, other is amd 64 ,4gigs ram at 1600 mhz, 1 sata and 1 pata drives , pny 8500 gt 512 mb , all this is in an array and my system has win7 enterprise with server 2008 r2 core all vm. i noticed alot of game changes and have ben telefraged 3 times and i rater linux guys keep their coding for linux machines. theres gotta be a way to keep the hacks out. i spend more time reconfiguring than i want to id rather be playing.
    mate, what is ur point in this post 'cos it seems it's not clear for me enough to see it. You noticed a lot of changes and have been telefraged 3 times and you say something about hacks but what the hell have this things in common with each other?
    Last edited by sf1nx; 08-16-2010 at 06:22 AM.

*s1ck
    Give us smaller pub matches already!

Junior Member naity is on a distinguished road
    please reduce public ctf server size to 10/8/6 again.... 12 is pure ffa and chaos.

btw: R.I.P. premium public ctf servers. i havent seen a crowded one in europe since a week. its just as i already said on the patch day: ppl buy somth which they cannot use. its very necessary to overwork this!

best regards... a "pro" user
    Last edited by naity; 08-17-2010 at 09:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread