+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FIX HUB (a.k.a. aerowalk)

*bertox

FIX HUB (a.k.a. aerowalk)

This map was built and designed (not to mention played) as a response time and aim map. If you're going to have this map in QL you should at least respect that...

My suggestion(s):

1) Remove 1 of the green armors? (this isn't cpm dudes.)

2) If you aren't going to change a damn thing, then at least up the LG push or LG dmg to be an equalizer to rocket spam? If you are going to make this game with Q3 phsyics, q3 devs., q3 maps....then don't screw it up by making rockets faster (which any idiot can fire) and lowering LG push (LG, which requires actual skill....)

P.S....how can people literally charge through 50% LG and get a kill with rockets? Try that in Q3 and your forward momentum wont only get stopped faster, but after 1 second you'll start getting pushed back....

I realize this isn't Q3...but you have built duel in an unbalanced format in my opinion, it allows for a strong strategy based gameplay and little to no actual needed aim skill. (FPS = First person shooter).

Hub was built for aim. You need to balance the weapons for this map.
    Last edited by bertox; 08-11-2010 at 11:33 PM.

Senior Member peeks is on a distinguished road
    Also make the respawns less punishing.

I cant be the only one noticing that

*bertox
    respawns are part of the map though

*KiteX3
    Quote Originally Posted by baxley View Post
    I respect your opinion, and you may be right that Aerowalk is an aim-based map in a more strategy-based game, but it's just plain silly to rebalance all of the game's weapons for the sake of just one map, especially one which is kept from being played by the majority of players. If adaptations need to be made, it should be the map which does so.

You fail to mention when you criticize the faster rockets that QL's rocket splash damage maxes out at 84 rather than Q3's 100. The rocket speed increase was done in an effort to shift the preferred strategy of the RL from spamming splash damage toward well-aimed direct hits, not to make an overall stronger rocket launcher.

TBH, I'm not sure why the LG should be able to overpower the RL. It seems to me that the LG should be used situationally, where you have an easily pinned opponent or a smart use of the LG's strengths and weaknesses, not just aim+M1; that's just boring, in my honest opinion, and as such I don't think it should be a dominant strategy in a typical combat scenario, if not for game balance reasons, as a way to keep the game interesting to watch.
    Last edited by KiteX3; 08-11-2010 at 11:52 PM.

*KillShott
    Quote Originally Posted by baxley View Post
    This map was built and designed (not to mention played) as a response time and aim map. If you're going to have this map in QL you should at least respect that...

My suggestion(s):

1) Remove 1 of the green armors? (this isn't cpm dudes.)

2) If you aren't going to change a damn thing, then at least up the LG push or LG dmg to be an equalizer to rocket spam? If you are going to make this game with Q3 phsyics, q3 devs., q3 maps....then don't screw it up by making rockets faster (which any idiot can fire) and lowering LG push (LG, which requires actual skill....)

P.S....how can people literally charge through 50% LG and get a kill with rockets? Try that in Q3 and your forward momentum wont only get stopped faster, but after 1 second you'll start getting pushed back....

I realize this isn't Q3...but you have built duel in an unbalanced format in my opinion, it allows for a strong strategy based gameplay and little to no actual needed aim skill. (FPS = First person shooter).

Not a problem with HUB.

+ Reply to Thread