+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Quakelive crash on Mac OSX any browser doesnt matter

Hybrid View

Junior Member OmarNL is on a distinguished road

Angry Quakelive crash on Mac OSX any browser doesnt matter

@developers of quakelive:

PLEASE TAKE THIS NOTE SERIOUS AND COMMUNICATE TO EVERYONE USING MAC OSX.

Problem: when playing Quake Live, after a couple of rounds the game crashes. Returns to the browser. When i try to connect to a new game it shows me an error. Something with Quakelive plugin crashed and a lot of blabla in the error details.

Before last update a couple of days ago i had not a single problem. Firefox/Safari doesn't matter.

I have searched the internet, it's just crazy how many Mac OSX users have this problem. I know Quake Live for Mac OSX is still BETA, but still. A Beta could run properly.. (as it did before the update). There's not a single solution, just problems.

Now after the last update, it's totally ******. I'm a paying, premium user, so as a paying customer i want some feedback.

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    Try running the game in Fluid.. http://fluidapp.com/ Some OSX users have had good results. As far as waiting for an Id OSX developer.. don't hold your breath. Or laugh too hard...

Senior Member Dowser is on a distinguished road Dowser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OmarNL View Post
    PLEASE TAKE THIS NOTE SERIOUS AND COMMUNICATE TO EVERYONE USING MAC OSX.
    Something with Quakelive plugin crashed and a lot of blabla in the error details.
    How is anybody supposed to take you seriously if you can't even take your own report seriously enough to include the actual error message? The devs are just supposed to guess what exactly caused your error?

I'm a paying, premium user, so as a paying customer i want some feedback.
    Then get your money's worth and submit an official support ticket through the website instead of yelling at the community. The purpose of this forum is not to be an avenue for two-way communication with the devs.
    Forum Rules || Forum Search || Forum Settings (your control panel) || Technical Support (sticky!) || How to Report a Bug
    “Read more, type less; whine less, play more.”
    Happy fragging!

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dowser View Post
    Then get your money's worth and submit an official support ticket through the website
    Hey Dowser.. The day when an OSX user gets an official support ticket return or any help from Id being an OSX paying customer will be when pigs fly or (don't hold yer breath) OSX is taken out of "beta" by Id.

I have never seen One word from Id to the OSX Community on even saying that they are working on fixing the bugs,etc,etc.. Yet they want us to play this game..... And put up with a snippy answer from a mod.

OSX users have valid complaints that you ignore.. It baffles me that you offer an unfinished product, yet ***** at those of us with complaints...

C'mon Id.. Confess === Dear OSX Users, We are so sorry we led you astray with our Horrible coding for OSX.. But to be Real..We really don't care, Hope you enjoyed getting screwed!===

"The purpose of this forum is not to be an avenue for two-way communication with the devs. "

Well of course.. If you really have an OSX Dev.. He's playing Pokemon on his iPhone...
    Last edited by swampy; 03-19-2011 at 05:03 PM.

Junior Member OmarNL is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Dowser View Post
    How is anybody supposed to take you seriously if you can't even take your own report seriously enough to include the actual error message? The devs are just supposed to guess what exactly caused your error?

Then get your money's worth and submit an official support ticket through the website instead of yelling at the community. The purpose of this forum is not to be an avenue for two-way communication with the devs.
    Seriously this is just crazy..

You are a telling a customer that he isn't taken seriously.. oh my god. Oh my god.

You are telling me that i should know that i have to show an error message.. What if i'm just a regular guy without any knowledge whatsoever on computers etc? That I just bought a game online and like to play it? (per example)

Quake Live is a business. A business should have some proper customer support. If i want to ask something through your forum with main topics on Bug Report i want to be treated as a customer. Now you are basically telling me to **** off, that's just sick :-S oh my god.

Just as swampy25 says; there's not a single communication from ID about Mac OSX support. You can't just launch a game without customer support. Usually game developers have a distribution of games through some outsourced company and customer servers goes via retailcompany's.

Now in this situation: ID has distributed Quake Live by itself via internet, as a retailer, so you are expected to treat me as one of your customers.

You could have said something like:

Hi OmarNL,

Im sorry for you to hear that your game doesn't run well.

When the game crashes most of the time you will see error details. We need those to find your problem and solve it.

Please reply with error details so i can help you.

Kind regards,
    Dowser - Community Moderator

Senior Member Dowser is on a distinguished road Dowser's Avatar
    I'm not an id employee. Nobody is paying me, least of all you. I do this in my spare time (as a matter of fact, I'm on Spring Break, thankyouverymuch), and I came onto the forum one day to see someone using strong language and demanding a response from the devs (something that pretty much NOBODY here gets) without one of the MAIN pieces of information requested in the "How to Report Bugs" sticky thread. It doesn't take a Computer Science degree to have enough of an attention to detail to be able to make a crash report.

I'm so sorry I tried to make this thread something that could work for the devs instead of an avenue for whining. Clearly I did the opposite.

P.S. In case it still isn't glaringly obvious, if you want OFFICIAL QUAKE LIVE support, you should be using the support ticket system on the website.
    Last edited by Dowser; 03-22-2011 at 05:51 PM.
    Forum Rules || Forum Search || Forum Settings (your control panel) || Technical Support (sticky!) || How to Report a Bug
    “Read more, type less; whine less, play more.”
    Happy fragging!

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    I'm sorry for your issues but Dowser is correct.

If you want your error message to be examined, then you have to tell people what your actual error message is, they can't be expected just to guess. You should be able to select all of the error output and copy and paste it into a post, unless it was an error from within the game itself in which case you will need to find the error.log file in the same directory as your .cfg files.

The forum is a place for primarily user to user communication and support, if you wish for direct support from Quake Live you must use the support system on http://www.quakelive.com/#!support that way it also clearly shows their support team your account status, unlike email.

Best of luck.
    Last edited by Yakumo; 03-22-2011 at 01:21 PM.

*WarToad
    I'll say it since you guys probably can't. Is this the kind of crap a moderator has to deal with? I have a lot of respect for your maturity in handling these cases. Keep up the good work!

Ok.. I bought pro..

as yakumo says..
    "The forum is a place for primarily user to user communication and support, if you wish for direct support from Quake Live you must use the support system on http://www.quakelive.com/#!support that way it also clearly shows their support team your account status, unlike email."

So as a dissatisfied OSX user ,who bought Pro, I shall send Quake Live my problems with using it. And if they answer (lmao as no OSX user has ever gotten an answer) I will report it here. But then Quake Live being the followers of "Catch 22: will say I can't post the answer here, and if I do..I get a 7 day ban for breaking the rules.....

I will now send my ticket in to QL asking this question== "Why is QL for OSX still beta after 2 years and do you ever think you will fix it?"
    Last edited by swampy; 05-15-2011 at 05:35 PM.
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Junior Member Toxic_Avenger_ is on a distinguished road
    i have the same problem,at last rounds plugin crash, pls FIX IT!

+ Reply to Thread