+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tier update..

*Raeven
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmeats91 View Post
    there needs to be a seperate teir for cheaters and the people who always win. the teir system is what scares off new players to quake live. after you have a couple of good games your playing "the battle of the bots" which is impossible to win, and not much fun. i totally agree with brajn, that something needs to be done about this tier system.
    Again with the broad statements that ring hollow. An own tier for the people who always win? And then what, make a subtier in that tier for the people who always win in THAT tier? And so on... so forth. My point is, your suggestion does not fix anything, it just fills a hole by digging another one.

Senior Member Lolzy will become famous soon enough Lolzy's Avatar
    who cares brajn, just play. And have fun
    Q * ]Q[* Q]|[A * QL
    ...and still playing!
    JOIN THE DRUNK CLAN!
    Remember, if you happen to join our clan, you can be drunk during each and every match in QL and GET AWAY WITH IT.
    http://qldrunkclan.proboards.com/

lets C H I L L !
    Visit and ask Doc for your medication.
    http://qlchill.proboards.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    In ql the other weapons started to shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by HabeebDaPro View Post
    anywas hope rocket lawnchairs r neffed, becuz they mak me mad n get iolet so no noob can spam nd win like idot

*brajn
    Quote Originally Posted by brajn View Post
    I didnt know that... but anyway im a bad player and im almost to the top in all game modes... :/
    Hehe tek sad vidim da si hrvat... )

*orlando
    I'd still like there to be another top tier, with high requirements to be in it. Tier 4 still has a lot of bad players in it. Believe it or not owning noobs is boring as hell. I'd rather have a decent match that I lost any day.
    Last edited by orlando; 03-19-2011 at 06:52 AM.

Banned CooloutAC has a little shameless behaviour in the past
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeven View Post
    Again with the broad statements that ring hollow. An own tier for the people who always win? And then what, make a subtier in that tier for the people who always win in THAT tier? And so on... so forth. My point is, your suggestion does not fix anything, it just fills a hole by digging another one.
    I completely disagree. People are complaining that ID is segregating the community too much and thats why the game is dying.

I think its the opposite. I mean in reality, their whole philosophy has been to try and bring the community together. They have been afraid to support a real tier system, and really segregate it. Because they thought it would kill off the playerbase. And they think its a noobs duty to be lunchmeat for some pro. Probably listening to veteran community guys like you who feel the same way.

But the facts speak for themselves. After beta, many people left who felt the game was not worth paying for. And they lessened the tiers and let the top players have more of an impact on the game, causing others to become disillusioned. The beta was filled with people of all levels. I had tons of nice legit people on my friends list of equal level. I was so rusy i was complete noob when i started in closed beta. I only played skill matched servers and gradually worked my way up from 1 to tier 3 and I am a comopletely diff player now. But Then there was a mass exodus and almost none of the people i had on my friends list i even see anymore. FACTS.

So if we go on reality, they have nothing to lose, and maybe should start trying to support a real tier system and actually start segregating players. More 2v2 and 3v3 matches. Is actually how ra3 survived for many years and there is nothing wrong with that. And gives more of the core feel of what quake is supposed to be like. Because when you have players of similar skill the games are better, and feel more sportlike. Theres nothing wrong with wanting to see the whole community playing together on big matches, but right now its more like id is supporting dog eat dog community waiting for the game to die.

and it has nothing to do with stats. I stopped playing ra3 years ago for the same reasons. People calling to get rid of stats are also just selfish.

You can be immature and call people who want a real tier system, whiners, or noobs, or lie to your self saying we don't have the heart to want to get better. Or assume to yourselves we suck lol. Somehow we are below you for being conscious people living in reality, and have enough respect for this game to treat it like a professional sport or game, and not living in some greedy selfish fantasy, where some players think they are entitled or are owed something with the right to act immature and ruin somebodies fun.

the human reality is nobody 100% consistent, and everybody has a skill ceiling where they can only get so good. I don't vote against my own interests because I believe in the illusion that one day I have a good chance to be at the top. I been playing this game since q1, this is as good as I get.

Those high level players are not gonna leave the game anyways no matater what ID does. They are just talking trash. Make everybody play 2v2s. That would be more fun then playing noobs or people too much better then me. it goes both ways which is another thing id doesn't understand. And this is at the core of whats really killing the game making people disillusioned on the false advertising of stats and tiers on a 15 year old game we all played before already.

And Noone wants unlimited amount of the tiers, thats assinine to imply. We just want more then 3. 5 would be ideal. Like it was in beta, when i felt the game was growing, before ID bought and started supporting this ** propoganda.
    Last edited by CooloutAC; 03-19-2011 at 09:53 AM.

Senior Member Effinlag is on a distinguished road
    Ive said this before in another thread, and i think its a good idea. Noobs should start out in t2, not t3. That way they wont be fed to the tier 4 players off the bat. This will give new players a chance to play against other fresh starters/catatonic state players and make things much easier for them to have some early success. Yes, for a lot of players it IS disheartening to get demolished.

The first thing i did when i installed was find a high end insta game and get my ass handed to me. Having played quake before, i expected it and wasnt deterred. After a few brutal games i took what i learned down to some skill matched games to practice and get my timing back because i hadnt played quake in 7 years. After about 3 weeks of tooling with my game, i am playing comfortably in t4 and i still havent hit my cap. Will i ever be pro? No. It really doesnt matter. I play ctf and have fun whether i win or lose.

*CoffinDodger
    Off topic a bit but not much I promise.

If I see gray arrow down, green matched and yellow more challenging servers, but no red, does that make me Tier 3?

Yes I know there's a bar chart for this but I was questioned in a match (speccing only) where I said the server (gray to me) was T2.
    Last edited by CoffinDodger; 03-19-2011 at 02:36 PM.

Senior Member Effinlag is on a distinguished road
    it makes you tier 3 in that particular type of game, yes.

*cloneback
    I'm done with this ******** game and the high level players who dominate. I'm not great, but it blows playing with such a diverse group of people.

*Niyaro
    Quote Originally Posted by sigur145 View Post
    you get points for tier based on how did you played in game like score,medals,your frag/death score
    Absolutely not. Skill calculations used for tiers are based exclusively on whether you win or loss a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by brajn View Post
    I didnt know that... but anyway im a bad player and im almost to the top in all game modes... :/
    Stop quitting every second game and maybe then system will adjusted your tier properly.

+ Reply to Thread