Site Update - March 15, 2011
Today's update, QUAKE LIVE Premium Pak 7, introduces 2 new Premium Arenas to QUAKE LIVE, adjustments to our hit detection, expansions to our social networking features, the ability to assign your own country flag (for use on profile and in-game), tier info displays on player profiles, and due to popular request - a fun killBeep option for premium & pro users.
Premium Maps Added:
Created by Alexander Mader, Toxicity is an enclosed Duel map with a distinctive look. Twisting halls and teleporters provide ample escape, as long as you watch out for the namesake pools of toxic acid in the main rooms of this arena. Own the world, or at least your opponent, and spread disorder by knocking them around with some rockets. Bounce them well, and you can treat yourself to a Red Armor, while they suffer some unfortunate burns.
Formerly known as the perennial favorite Silent Night, we've torn down the Christmas decorations as to not look like that weird house down the street lit up well into March. Thankfully, it hasn't warmed up enough to melt the ice that covers vast swathes of the level, allowing massive acceleration throughout the frozen tundra terrain. Everything else is still mostly as you remember it, from the grenade traps to the secret button that dispenses health. Wait, that's supposed to be a secret...
- Kill Beep for Premium players:
Enabling cg_killBeep will play a distinct sound when you score a kill in any mode. Options are available in the in-game Game Options->Advanced->Sound Options menu.
- Increased size of hit cylinders:
Increased hittable region of players by 10% to more closely mimic the area of the old cuboid region.
- Increased damage of Shotgun in Team Deathmatch:
Increased damage of Shotgun back to 100 to match the Shotgun in other modes.
- Improved arena download system:
Download size for Standard players reduced by about 50% by not downloading premium content until the player joins a server running the arena. This also means these maps will be unavailable in Practice mode for Standard users. Premium and Pro users will still download all content as they did before.
- Removed some extra dependencies from the Quake 3 master server. ("Please start TA directly")
- Fixed issues where plug-in was downloading certain content twice.
- Added the ability to bind a key to Accuracy (+acc), ScreenshotJPEG to the in-game Contols->Actions menu.
- Fixed issue where scoreboard would show none in the lead with -9999 frags.
- Fixed display issue that would cause items on loading screen to overflow off the screen.
- Fixed Force Weapon Color when using cg_railStyle 2 trails.
- Facebook Screenshot uploading:
Visit Social Settings under the Settings menu to link your Facebook account with QUAKE LIVE. After binding a key from Social Settings, using the new default F11 bind, or manually binding a key to /socialScreenshot, you will be able to take and upload a screenshot directly to Facebook.
- Added tier display to player profiles:
All players can now view what tiers they are in by clicking the Statistics tab on their profile.
- Added Change Country Flag to Account Settings:
All players can change what country appears on their profile and in the in-game Premium scoreboards.
- Fix 7th day of matches not showing up under the Matches tab.
- Removed extraneous options from web Advanced Game Options.
- Don't show invites as a friend on the inviting player's friends page
- Added ESL Intel Extreme Masters Season 5 World Championship awards.
- Battleforged: Fixed sound issues by removing see-through teleporters.
- Concrete Palace: Swapped Yellow Armor and lower Green Armor, fixed missing lightning ammo.
- Devilish: Fixed patch & LoD issues on curved RA staircase.
- Dies Irae: Fixed floating clip in Mega Health room.
- Double Impact: Clipped structures in Red Armor room, fixed entity not spawning due to being stuck in ground.
- Focal Point: Fixed map appearing all black in vertex lighting mode.
- Skyward: Fixed z-fighting, some additional detail and trim added, updated author credit.
- Tornado: Removed Chaingun, unlocked water trap in TDM, fixed z-fighting, improved several trims, added some clipping.
nice one ... good work as always
I´m back and with me QL.
So much for first post...
Keep getting kicked in practice matches for having an "invalid name".
Dunno if that has something to with the onslaught the servers are taking or if this is new from the update. Just figured I'd give a heads up. =)
I had to redownload Trinity, Retribution, and Chemical Reaction. There are no changes listed for those maps.
Is the only reason to remove the Premium Maps from Practice Modes to try and convince more people to sign up for Premium? /Sigh.
I don't see a point in reducing Download Time. The Download is fast enough already, now instead of taking a few minutes it takes 1-2 minutes. It was fast enough already, now some of the best FFA Maps are un-available even for Practice Matches though, so people can't really.. "Practice" with them anymore. If we're invited to one, chances are we've never seen the Map before because we never practiced with it.
Plus, we need to download map information before the game is started. This means we're just stuck there waiting for the map data to download while others are already in-game Fragging.
Also, its not recognizing my Plugin. Each time I try to load the page I have to click the QuakeLive Header which takes me Home, otherwise it says "no Plugin" and starts the automatic Download for the QuakeLive Plugin each time.
Last edited by Phoenix3768; 03-15-2011 at 05:13 PM.
xmpp failure.. blah ,blah.... opens beer, burps..
Nice update, but I don`t like the fact that standards can`t use premium maps anymore, even for practice. Would it be alright with the mods to post the .pk3`s for these users? I want to help them.
Dont have had English lessons on school ?
You dont understand word i just word do you?
- Draven of LowLandLions
Check out my blog, EmeraldProductions:
Great update, more stuff for paying players always appreciated