+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mumble/ts2/ts3/ventrilo + lag problems

Member G_Uru is on a distinguished road

Mumble/ts2/ts3/ventrilo + lag problems

Is there anybody out there who also seem to have major lags when using voice? And I don't mean any kind of spikes, just like all is "blurry". Really hard to describe. Well #1 problem -> my sensitivity ain't the same, my mouse reaction shows slower on the screen. Enemies I have locked aim on which normally gives 35-50% lg in situations gives me maybe 20-25%. Railgun useless in these cases aswell as you can imagine. Percentage goes down from stable 45-65% to 15-30%.

So shortly, all response is "lost". I guess I could compare it to playing on a 30hz monitor when you are used to 150hz.

Voice system: Microsoft USB life chat x-300. Computers own that isn't used is some CMedia (or similar name) that has issues with the motherboard so it's disabled. This is a QL only problem.

And before somebody suggests some placebo or similiar. Image "easy jumppad shots", those which you make 99/100. Try doing those 30/100 and feel how it feels

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    your voice program is eating into your connection causing the lag
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

This could be a solution but fps and ping are stable (also lagometer). So if it eats it in some way that it doesn't show in the following please more info on it!

Senior Member clashie is on a distinguished road
    make sure you aren't somehow saturating your upstream. unlikely unless your connection is absolute crap. mumble also has a renderer hook that it uses to overlay who is talking on screen. may be not playing nicely for whatever reason.

tbh is lagometer is clear then i'm voting placebo, lagometer is generally the end all to diagnosing stuff, be it client or server.

After 15 years experience of quake and voting on placebo -> I don't vote the same way
    This has happened for 2-3 months now ONLY when using voice and in QL. It did occur aswell earlier but at some point it went almost unplayable (it's one hc placebo if it goes from "normal" to unplayable by just starting a voicecom). Other games as said are totally working as before so I am guessing on some incompatibility atm with some drivers or something similar.

Some people has suggested delayed sounds but it shouldn't affected that much on hitscan weapons. And btw, I do also have similar problem is I record a demo in QL. Whole sensitivity changes to lots lower and button hitting gets delayed in a similar way. (it's not 100% the same as with voicecoms since it's more stable and doesn't flicker and stuff like that)

Senior Member jigglyboobs is on a distinguished road
    I've been having the exact same problem. FPS jumps between 114 to 121 (my max) but feels like 30 when I have mumble on. I suspect that the mumble overlay is causing the problem, but cannot disable it even when I uncheck the option.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglyboobs View Post
    I suspect that the mumble overlay is causing the problem, but cannot disable it even when I uncheck the option.
    Possible - some of the people I'm on Mumble with also had similar problems. Sure you can disable it - after unchecking option in Mumble, you simply need to restart the browser. Only then the overlay is unloaded.

Member Mackenzieee is on a distinguished road
    k BUMPing this thread to see if G Uru figured this out.. my problem is only mumble.. Overlay is disabled and off 100%.. but i still have big noticable FPS drops/ motions./ my aim is **** problems. i have a new crappy windows 8 laptop/// i don't think specs matter bacause when i play a normal non pug quake live match i have pretty well perfect fps ...

basically i stopped playing pickups for a months...and everyhting was perfect..then i got back to pickups and mumble and its so bad...like i didn't notice it at first because I just bought the laptop and got back into QL right off the bat. but after playing normal QL without mumble for a month the game is almost unplayable with mumble on.

SIDE NOTE >>MUMBLE OVERLAY IS OFF>>100%

Member Mackenzieee is on a distinguished road
    If anyone has had this problem respond.. i personally think its my ****ty setup/ laptop/ mumble...........but i've never had a problem with Ventrillo back in the day with CS ect ect... but seems no one uses that anymore for some reason.... ***

+ Reply to Thread