View Poll Results: Do you want to remove the character limits for chat etc.

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 85.71%
  • No

1 14.29%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fix character limits in the console

Senior Member M0NG3R is on a distinguished road

fix character limits in the console

It's really annoying the way the chat limits were "fixed". i would rather have a lot of what i say in chat cut off than not be able to write anything past ~75 characters in the console. i like writing scripts in the console to test stuff out, but i cant write anything long or it will just get cut off. its REALLY frustrating.

just remove the cap so i can type however much i want, and if i say something, it will be cut off. i didnt see any complaints about that before it was "fixed".

another ingenious idea would be to remove the chat character limit altogether, so you can say as much as you want without any of it being cut off. or at least increase the limit so most long sentences are still intact. seriously...
    M0NG3R

If you have questions regarding Wolfcam, please ask in #WolfcamQL on QuakeNet (IRC or webIRC client required).

*HAHAHA_YEAH
    They're busy "fixing" the game!

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    Agreed, remove it. It's goddamn annoying. Make the message text lines function properly instead of 'fixing' it by limiting chars.

Member korfi is on a distinguished road korfi's Avatar
    I was thinking of starting a thread like this but did never

+ Reply to Thread