+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: QUAKELIVE movie making guide by aNtii

Senior Member fraggedICE is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by QuakeBotBR View Post
    Is there a way to make the QL save the screenshots of cl_avidemo in another format, but .tga??? Its too huge, and I cant make a demo of even one minute!!!
    There's no way to make it use .jpg, you need to use Wolfcam for this. I highly recommend you use it, it doesn't take long to learn and there are lots of great configs around the web. Set it to 1280x720 windowed mode and use /video jpg wav - this will give you jpegs and the sound file which you can sync to it.

Quote Originally Posted by M0NG3R View Post
    The only problem with any of my videos is that youtube messes up the quality of wmvs, but i cant really render any other format.
    The best compression to use is H.264, this is what YouTube uses and it's the reason why people use meGUI which is covered in the last part of the guide. What you need to do is open the video in meGUI and convert it to mp4 (H.264 codec with MP3/AAC audio), then upload that to youtube.

Member korfi is on a distinguished road korfi's Avatar
    small question, when some1 gets killed i get grey squeres, is it possible to remove them?

*Domino
    Quote Originally Posted by korfi View Post
    small question, when some1 gets killed i get grey squeres, is it possible to remove them?
    cl_useq3gibs 0

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    cl_useq3gibs 0
    already tried that, didnt work

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by fraggedICE View Post
    What you need to do is open the video in meGUI and convert it to mp4 (H.264 codec with MP3/AAC audio), then upload that to youtube.
    yes, i know how to use megui. it doesnt work for me. i have no idea why and i doubt ill ever find out. its broken and im not using it. vegas is my only choice, and right now im testing different types of codecs that are available for vegas.

if youre talking about wolfcam, (set cg_fxfile "") and it will work. com_Blood 0, cg_fxfile "", cl_useq3gibs "0"

Quote Originally Posted by KittenIgnition View Post
    yes, i know how to use megui. it doesnt work for me. i have no idea why and i doubt ill ever find out. its broken and im not using it. vegas is my only choice, and right now im testing different types of codecs that are available for vegas.

if youre talking about wolfcam, (set cg_fxfile "") and it will work. com_Blood 0, cg_fxfile "", cl_useq3gibs "0"
    yep thanks alot worked

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    yep thanks alot worked
    of course it worked

*mEDULLApANCREAS

Print image?

Q3A had a command that would write each frame in a demo to hard disk as you were watching it, in either .jpg or .tga format. You could then import those still images as a scene file in any standard video editing software like Adobe Premier or something. Not sure what happened to that command.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    omfgbbq Are you sure about that? That's a ****load of IO. A tga QL screenshot weights about 2,5 Mb. At 125 fps that's 312,5 Mb/s... for the whole duration of your match. A 15 minutes game would fill up 281 Mb of disk space. All of that with hard-drives from a decade ago and more.

Junior Member EyeCeYu is on a distinguished road
    Can anyone help me? I run windows 7 and i try following your steps to finding the baseq3 folder on my computer but i cant find it... i unhidden all files and ran many searches for baseq3 but i still cant seem to find it. Heck i cant ever find the folder labeled AppData. Any ideas where i could search for it? Ive correctly installed WolfCamql - 8.4 on my other computer but not on this one because the folder is missing (but quake still runs properly so i know its there some where!). Well if anyone can help please do! Thanks

+ Reply to Thread