Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: get rid of ads for pro/premium

Junior Member Anci is on a distinguished road
    Also I'd be really happy if for pro subscribers those random google adds would be filtered, it's not a dating game... i like seeing different ads of games or software and stuff, but dating services ? that's not even funny in my honest opinion.
    I heart iD! Bring it baby ....

Senior Member datagram is on a distinguished road
    Not only that, but get rid of in-game ads as well. I spend more time there, so I find them more annoying. More views for in-game ads doesn't lead to more revenue; the ad space was bought already. We paying customers should not be subjected to them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozh View Post
    I'd find it fair if pro players would see no banners and ads on the website.
    You are absolutely correct. The ads were supposed to support the game when it was free. We are now paying customers, so we should not be subjected to the ads. Other sites with free/paid accounts do not force ads onto their paying customers. This is a slap in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Asamawa View Post
    Umm no? I think that would re rediculas because its not bothering you there like the 15 second ad before you start a game. iD would be idiots if they did this, but thankfully they are smart.
    I think your opinion is ridiculous. If the ads didn't bother him, then he wouldn't have made this post. They are bothersome, especially in-game, because that is where we spend most of our time.

Senior Member hthurr is on a distinguished road
    Yes, no more in-game ads for paying customers!
    "You are rasist because you are scaried. That right tough guy your scaried." -stradamorin

Off-Topic Forum

Senior Member gjuro is on a distinguished road
    f1 to this

Member WishfulThinking is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozh View Post
    I'd find it fair if pro players would see no banners and ads on the website.
    +1 - totally agreed.

*function9
    You are paying that fee for the extra features that standard players do not have access to. I don't see anywhere in that list where it says anything about no more ingame (or website) ads for prem/pro players.

Quote Originally Posted by function9 View Post
    You are paying that fee for the extra features that standard players do not have access to. I don't see anywhere in that list where it says anything about no more ingame (or website) ads for prem/pro players.
    From what I've gathered in-game, people see different ads in different places at different times. This would lead me to believe that they could simply turn off the ads for us and replace the billboards with the Q.

I don't drink Dr. Pepper, I generally don't watch much TV, I don't have an Xbox, and I don't use Microsoft services, so the ads are basically useless. Logically one would expect that after paying for something ad-supported, he would no longer receive the ads. It's the model that is used pretty much everywhere, and that's why people are complaining.

*KiteX3
    Quote Originally Posted by datagram View Post
    I don't drink Dr. Pepper, I generally don't watch much TV, I don't have an Xbox, and I don't use Microsoft services, so the ads are basically useless. Logically one would expect that after paying for something ad-supported, he would no longer receive the ads. It's the model that is used pretty much everywhere, and that's why people are complaining.
    I don't do any of those things either as a Standard player (except drink Dr Pepper), how is your situation different in that respect? The ads don't affect either of us.

I feel that you shouldn't get out of viewing entirely non-interruptive advertising. I suspect that you paid a lot less less money because Dr Pepper paid half of your subscription for you. Besides, billboards don't hurt gameplay...at all. I'd rather have the currently super-affordable Pre/Pro (and thus more players/competition able to access it) than blank billboards in the map; wouldn't you?

Closed Thread