+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Quake logo- can only quit

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    what langauge is your keyboard? maybe someone with similar can help.

The system used to download all standard maps to your computer via the website+plugin, premium maps were only downloaded that way if you paid for premium or pro account. If you were invited onto a premium server, the server sends you the maps on connect.

That is still basically what is still happening, except the last update changed the standard/premium map distinction.

you'll have to either upgrade your account, or connect to a server running the maps you want.

*ELECTROHERMIT
    I also get the Quake logo with "QUIT" at bottom. Running latest Firefox on Windows XP as administrator, never had a problem until this new map rotation. Tested previous maps and they load OKAY.

Is there a manual way to download maps? How can we tell if new maps are installed or not to further debug? Many questions here for DIY types to resolve this problem on their own, but were getting ZERO.

What's going on here? Why the lack of attention from QuakeLive on this? This is a top thread in the main forum, doesn't ONE person from QuakeLive bother to scan for something OBVIOUS like this?

*meCool
    Quote Originally Posted by ELECTROHERMIT View Post
    I also get the Quake logo with "QUIT" at bottom. Running latest Firefox on Windows XP as administrator, never had a problem until this new map rotation. Tested previous maps and they load OKAY.

Is there a manual way to download maps? How can we tell if new maps are installed or not to further debug? Many questions here for DIY types to resolve this problem on their own, but were getting ZERO.

What's going on here? Why the lack of attention from QuakeLive on this? This is a top thread in the main forum, doesn't ONE person from QuakeLive bother to scan for something OBVIOUS like this?
    for me when I join a server it downloads the map which the server current use and until then I can also play this map offline with bots.

*batric
    Any success? Have the same problem last ~2 weeks. Before that everything was fine on the same computer.

Win 7 home, excellent internet connection + good machine

Junior Member micsigabi is on a distinguished road
    Time to reinstall QL

*killadaffodil
    Ye same here... Using Chrome though... any solution for this ?

*Xenerki
    Windows 7 with Intel graphics and Firefox. Same problem.

I ran Firefox as admin, made all the User/AppData files not read only, updated my graphics card, changed the resolution on the game, and made sure all the Quake files were downloaded.

Sometimes games will work. Sometimes I'll get the Quake quit screen. Sometimes I'll get the Quake quit screen with music. Its always random, but its rare that a game will actually work. I've noticed online tends to work more than practice though.

*SB00BZ0R
    Same problem.
    Win Seven 64. AMD 68XX series

Junior Member Palek is on a distinguished road
    Hi everyone.
    I just came back to QL after something like 2 years.
    After creating new account I had to update plugin on ma old comupter and install it from the scratch on my laptop. I have the same problem on both (PC has XP, and laptop has Win7). Everything was the same on both computers:
    I downloaded the file, executed it and installed the plugin. After loging in there was window with progress bar sayin something like "Updating Content" and button PLAY NOW after that. I was able to play all practice matches and there was an arrow with xx% at the top of the page just like the old days.
    When everything has downloaded i tried to play some random map offline and ..... gues what. "QUIT" I don't have that map. Lets try another one ..... "QUIT". So I tried online play. This was the moment the map was downloaded and I can play.
    It was the same on both computers where I'm an admin. XP and Win7. So I gues the problem is that maps do not download after installing the plugin. Or mayby they are downloaded but filnemes are wrong or sometning and they have to be redownloaded.
    After playing some diffrent maps online my AppData\LocalLow\id Software\quakelive\baseq3 is full of files with names just like maps, but I'm sure that not all of them was there at the beginning. There are some pakxx.pk3 files and their size is not 0 kB so there are not empty. I'll compare files in that folder on both of my computers in the evening.
    The other thing is that when you select practice and let's say TDM, default map is Campgrounds. For CA it is Asylum. As far as I noticed this maps are not availabe anymore, at least on free account. I don't have these files and I cannot pick this map to practice from the list! So if you select Practice, pick a game type and just click START, you'll end up with an error.
    Now the question is where can we download all maps without reinstalling plugin (it didn't work on my 2 comps so why another installation shoud help?) and without joining a server with map I want to play? Second thing, why Practice tool shows us a map that is not available, as default.
    Last edited by Palek; 10-24-2012 at 08:02 AM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar

+ Reply to Thread