Mouse sensitivity seems to randomly change in-game [merged thread]
Today at around 5:30am i played an instagibFFA match since it was the only server available (courtesy of the new tier system).
And i immediatly noticed something was wrong with the reaction of my mouse. It felt like the mouse sensitivity was higher. Note that i do use accel and the reaction of the accel is realy off, i mean the mouse looks to move at max speed like if i was always doing fast moves, i can't make precise shots.
I play with pitch/yaw 0.018 & 4.25 sensi & 0.1 accel and it feels like 5+sensi with no accel.
This problems appeared without doing anything special, just log on & playing. OFC now i just can't play at all, aiming is just impossible.
I tryed using CCLeaner to clean the system, i tested with another mouse, i tryed in_restart in_mouse -2/-1/0/1/2. I tested with other usb ports and it's the same problem. And i tested on my wife's computer and his account and it works with no problem at all.
I have seen others threads with same subject http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...ty-speed-creep
If tomorrow i can't fix it i'm gonna reformat computer change all the IP/route & account to test.
Last edited by MartianBuddy; 02-18-2011 at 01:34 AM.
you mightve had a USB port die D:
ok i have some news,
i tested with other usb ports and it's the same problem.
i tested on my wife's computer and his account and it works with no problem at all.
I'll update first post with this news.
i tested uninstalling QL
i tested uninstalling mouse driver
The problem in my feeling is with quakelive and mouse accel in quakelive. Somehow accel broke. Everything was working perfectly since i play QL. But since this morning i have this major issu.
the problem is still there, sensitivity is unconsistent, mouse feel lagy.
ok i enter a server and the sensitivity change again :/ accel feels off...
Essaye (si c'est possible) une restauration système sur un jour d'avant le problème.
J'ai réglé ca une fois ainsi. Ça vient même des fois d'un account qui déconne.
Donc j'ai même du faire une restauration système, et recrée un nouveau account, et ne plus jamais revenir a l'autre qui fichait le cirque.
This is how I get accel to work for me
Originally Posted by MartianBuddy
both commands come up as "" and accel never worked so great
ok i just tested it with 2 accounts and it doesn't fix it sir.
Originally Posted by _adderall
Last edited by MartianBuddy; 02-19-2011 at 02:14 AM.
have you at all messed with in_mouse ?
try messing with those to see if you can isolate the issue.
-1 = Windows mouse input, 1 = Direct input, 2 = Raw input.
If quake is goofin with your mouse, its most likely a cvar that you can control. However if windows or FF/chrome/ie is whats messin your mouse up, then changing from -1 to 2 would make quake take the raw input from the mouse, skipping the windows driver.
they did something overnight to mouseaccel my sensitivity is totally screwed today and i played with it all night last night just fine. I'd like to hear some kind of explanation for this because things just don't magically change on their own. We can not be the only ones that have noticed this.
Last edited by _aaron; 02-19-2011 at 03:38 PM.