+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How do you find out your tier?

*Asamawa

How do you find out your tier?

Ok so I know you have to go in the console and type /serverinfo then go up to skillrating to see what tire you are in but what numbers mean what tire?

Please give a list of numbers ? - ?? is tire 1 numbers ?? - ?? is tire 2 and so on. Thank you.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    first...lol @ "tire"

second, I don't think anyone has figured out how it works atm...although i think the script maker for the tier viewer did find it out...http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/83250

It says that there's a different way to judge your tiers now though

*Asamawa
    Well then whats the new way to judge your tier now?

Senior Member Raz0rblade is on a distinguished road Raz0rblade's Avatar
    FFA: 6 Duel: 3 TDM: 5 CA: 5 CTF: 6 FT: ?
    That cant be no way XD

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    FFA: 6 Duel: 4 TDM: 6 CA: 6 CTF: 6 FT: ?

I'm not convinced this script is working, I had lower CA tier before, but it could just be the new rankings.
    Last edited by Yakumo; 08-11-2010 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    FFA: 6 Duel: 4 TDM: 6 CA: 6 CTF: 6 FT: ?

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if FT just used FFA or TDM tier atm, I'll try find out.
    Also I'm not convinced this script is working, I had lower CA tier before, but it could just be the new rankings.
    Yeah, the tier thing is just a testing thing, and it says "There is now a more sophisticated Elo-like system that produces a "power rating" for these purposes, but these ratings are never transmitted to your browser or game client; there is no way to display it with a userscript."

So I don't think we're going to be allowed to know our tiers

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    The ELO rating only applies to duel, and the sv_skillrating is still applicable to working out the tier, no-one outside of the developers knows what the boundaries are yet however.
    as long as the script is able to pick up a number that is the same as when a user connects to an empty server and uses /serverinfo to get sv_skillrating, then it can be made to work for modes other than duel atm.

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    Join an empty server and type /serverinfo in the console. The sv_skillrating value is your skill rating out of 100 for the gametype. Tiers just split the rating into 5 parts:

Tier 1: sv_skillrating 1-19
    Tier 2: sv_skillrating 20-39
    Tier 3: sv_skillrating 40-59
    Tier 4: sv_skillrating 60-79
    Tier 5: sv_skillrating 80 - 100

*jimjakejosh5623
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan86 View Post
    Join an empty server and type /serverinfo in the console. The sv_skillrating value is your skill rating out of 100 for the gametype. Tiers just split the rating into 5 parts:

Tier 1: sv_skillrating 1-19
    Tier 2: sv_skillrating 20-39
    Tier 3: sv_skillrating 40-59
    Tier 4: sv_skillrating 60-79
    Tier 5: sv_skillrating 80 - 100
    That is incorrect, but a strong belief among most players...

FFA: 6 Duel: 4 TDM: 5 CA: 3 CTF: 6 FT: ?

I think the new Greasemonkey Script is off ... I use to be Tier 3 in everything except CTF was 4...

I really don't see the point in tiers exactly (well I just like being a higher tier ) knowing your tier isn't everything, because you think you might be a high tier and join a skillmatched game and get your a** kicked and join another skillmatched game and own everybody... It's just indiviidual skill

Quote Originally Posted by jimjakejosh5623 View Post
    That is incorrect, but a strong belief among most players...

FFA: 6 Duel: 4 TDM: 5 CA: 3 CTF: 6 FT: ?

I think the new Greasemonkey Script is off ... I use to be Tier 3 in everything except CTF was 4...

I really don't see the point in tiers exactly (well I just like being a higher tier ) knowing your tier isn't everything, because you think you might be a high tier and join a skillmatched game and get your a** kicked and join another skillmatched game and own everybody... It's just indiviidual skill
    I'm pretty sure the tier calc. is screwed up But that's a different story...
    Personally, I don't really care what my tiers are so much, as rather being able to see myself inprove against other people, and if I have the tier checker on QL, then i can see like immediately that my tir is different...instead of getting destroyed in matches and then noticing xD

+ Reply to Thread