+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete WolfcamQL config

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road

Complete WolfcamQL config

COMPLETE WOLFCAMQL CONFIG

Well, after months of work and not-work and waiting and procrastinating and ignoring, it's done!

This is a heavily modified config for WolfcamQL that has maximum graphics settings, as well as detailed info for every cvar.

It's a work-in-progress, and will never be completed, because brugal will continue to update wolfcam and pump out new cvars. I'll also be adding info for all the unknown cvars, and reorganizing it a lot.

Even though it's incomplete, this is something that anyone who uses WolfcamQL should read.

I built this up from a default config, with no personal touches or modifications. This means that there are no redundant cvars, save those that are unused inside the code.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MAKE SUGGESTIONS OR POINT OUT MISTAKES!

I will be reorganizing this config, and adding the "important" cvars to the top, and cleaning it up in general. So if anyone has any suggestions as to what i should put at the top, or how i should organize it, or what should go where, please tell me. I'm no good at this stuff.

Special thanks to:
    • brugal for quite a bit of insight into wolfcam-specific cvars, and for pointing out mistakes, and for making wolfcam of course.
    • TheMuffinMan86: his console guide was responsible for roughly 80% of all cvar info in here, and this config is responsible for a few fixes inside his guide.
    • BoxxyBabee: for putting together v0.1, and for assistance all through the creation process.
    • mccormic: for general cvar help and hanging out, keeping me sane as i configged for hours straight.
    • BloodRave: for the same.
    • PoLLeNSKi: for the same.
    • Cyberstorm: for the same.
    • Salamatiqus: for the same.
    • Everyone in #wolfcamQL: just had to throw it out there. If you aren't there already, come hang out.

PREVIEW SCREENSHOTS
    (Click for full size)

http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/9383/threestory.jpg
    ----

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4...kcathedral.jpg
    (Taken with cg_fov 100)
    ----

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/7393/spillway.jpg

MEDIAFIRE

-[CHANGELOG FTW]-
    0.8 -> 0.9

Added 8.5 cvars:
    cg_hudForceRedTeamClanTag
    cg_hudForceBlueTeamClanTag
    cg_fxScriptMinEmitter
    cg_fxScriptMinDistance
    cg_fxScriptMinInterval
    cg_autoWriteConfig
    cg_adShaderOverride
    cg_adShader1
    cg_adShader2

- Changed g_log (games.txt -> games.log)
    - Changed cg_deathStyle (4 -> 1)
    - Removed mme_workMegs

Fixed the descriptions for:

r_debugSurfaceUpdate (This was the first real mistake in this config)
    r_measureOverdraw (Finally found a description for it)
    cg_wideScreen (Added info on the 3rd value from 8.5)
    cg_drawFPS (Added info on the 2nd and 3rd values from 8.5)
    mme_blurFrames (no more limit of 32)
    mme_blurOverlap (no more limit of 32)

--------

I'm working on a proper spreadsheet-style cvarlist, and will probably be removing all the cvar info from the config, along with a LOT of unnecessary clutter (cvars that aren't at all necessary, examples of which include fs_debug, cm_noCurves, bot_minplayers). I will be adding a link to it in both this thread and my wolfcam thread. So keep a lookout for that, I guess.

I really do hope I finish this project, out of the dozens that I've started. No promises, though, so I suggest anyone who cares don't hold their breath. If I suggested that you do hold your breath, though (so long as you care), I doubt many people would suffocate. Because not many people care.
    Last edited by KittenIgnition; 10-30-2011 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Updated to 0.9 for the 8.5 release of wolfcam.

*Domino
    Wooo!

Awesomeness sauce

already ran into problems... i saw this coming though. when you save too many cvars, something is bound to go wrong.

i set cg_thirdperson 1 by mistake, so for now, anyone who downloads teh config should change that immediately. theres also a connection interrupted/console connection info spammy thingy glitch bug problem that im trying to sort out.

[these problems have been fixed now]

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

could someone move this to getting started please?

Junior Member GayFox is on a distinguished road
    Nice thread

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Tip top stuff. Just what we'd expect from a T4 Forum poster

+rep
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Senior Member tucker is on a distinguished road tucker's Avatar
    cg_railNudge "1" --- //Makes the rail appear below the crosshair. Messes with the spiral when cg_railFromMuzzle 0.
    my experience with this command has helped more with 3rd person angles, as it also makes the rail beam come from the muzzle.

for example:

cg_railnudge 0
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...shot0007-2.jpg

cg_railnudge 1
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...shot0008-1.jpg

Now i had never heard of railfrommuzzle so i dont know what that looks like. Helluva post KI :]

Quote Originally Posted by tucker_ View Post
    my experience with this command has helped more with 3rd person angles, as it also makes the rail beam come from the muzzle.
    it seems like railnudge messes with the ql-rail (the spiral and the rings), while railfrommuzzle messes with the core.

--

EDIT: at least, thats how i remembered it. i took some comparison screenshots, and couldnt notice any changes with railnudge.

http://img594.imageshack.us/g/muzzle0nudge0.jpg/

theyre all hi-res and i didnt want to resize them, plus im too lazy to post all the images here. so go look at the album thing yourself. i didnt test with different settings etc., but ill look more into railnudge and see what happens.

--

EDIT2:
    * eliminated cg_oldRail, so that you can un-nudge. You can use cg_railNudge even for rails that don't have rings. By "un-nudge" I mean that q3 and ql shift the rail below the crosshair for most rail styles (try shooting rails at a wall and you'll see the impact mark below your crosshair). Use cg_railNudge 0 to have your rails go through your crosshair.

taken right from the wolfcam 5.1 thing

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    Vigilanteville, Moderation State, The World.
    GJ Kitten (and ty for the namedrop, I feel uber awesome now)

xD

+ Reply to Thread