+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Known Issue: Premium / Pro Subscription Purchase Error (GeoIP Missing)

Junior Member Vihar is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post
    Ok. I reset all ingame settings, deleted all cfgs, started a match, exited, and next time I had to reset customization again.
    I found out that when I log out instead of just closing the browser it works fine. However, I wanted to get rid of entering credentials every time.
    FIXED.
    I recreated the Prism 'application' and now it works fine.
    -------

Thank you for all your help and answers. Finally I subscribed to Pro and have already enjoyed several self-created matches.

However I am quite disappointed that in my region (Middle-Europe) how small number of players play premium content. I must agree that at least some of the premium maps (those which were free in the past eg. Skyward or Aerowalk, not necessarily those created especially for QL) should be opened to public.

Junior Member enki is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Ordering page for Pro / Premium DOWN

Are you guys planning on doing anything about this? It's been down for a few days now... I mean, if you don't want my money, I'm cool with that too.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    You email support@quakelive.com - the forums are user to user
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    I've seen the page not working if my ISP assigned me a "fresh" IP address which QL can't map to any country. See what for example http://hostip.info/ has to say about your location (no idea if they use same source database and how often which of them is updated).

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diplodok View Post
    I've seen the page not working if my ISP assigned me a "fresh" IP address which QL can't map to any country. See what for example http://hostip.info/ has to say about your location (no idea if they use same source database and how often which of them is updated).
    After that remove all your cookies/cache
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

*quadlive
    It is pathetic to whine about not having enough subcribers when no payment system works.
    Pathetic!
    I've tried five different cards that I have money, VISA and MASTERCARD.
    And they want me to reply to contact support .......
    Pathetic!
    I have also tryed it from three different computers.
    Sorry I sound like a lameass, but I get so pissed off.

I'm sorry, I've sent multiple emails. No response. None.

I've posted in both Tech Support and Bug Reports, and got nothing.

2 days later, I got an email saying I had an infraction and was banned from forums for 3 days! Apparently they have time to hand out infractions (for not liking people pointing out that things don't work?) but don't have time to fix those things?...

And (drumroll please) IT STILL DOESN'T WORK. 1 week later, still not fixed. If you cannot fix something this critical within a week, why bother? How do you expect people to play this, or want to if your own payment system doesn't work at all?

An Error Has Occurred

An error has occurred while handling your request. Please try again in a few moments, or if you continue to have this problem let us know on the forums or contact us over email.

I think I'm done here. It's pretty obvious to me at this point they either don't care or are just totally incompetent. Cheers all.
    Last edited by enki; 08-19-2011 at 06:19 PM.

Senior Member Dowser is on a distinguished road Dowser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enki View Post
    I'm sorry, I've sent multiple emails. No response. None.

I've posted in both Tech Support and Bug Reports, and got nothing.

2 days later, I got an email saying I had an infraction and was banned from forums for 3 days! Apparently they have time to hand out infractions (for not liking people pointing out that things don't work?) but don't have time to fix those things?...

And (drumroll please) IT STILL DOESN'T WORK. 1 week later, still not fixed. If you cannot fix something this critical within a week, why bother? How do you expect people to play this, or want to if your own payment system doesn't work at all?

An Error Has Occurred

An error has occurred while handling your request. Please try again in a few moments, or if you continue to have this problem let us know on the forums or contact us over email.

I think I'm done here. It's pretty obvious to me at this point they either don't care or are just totally incompetent. Cheers all.
    a) You got an infraction for being vulgar in a completely unrelated post.

b) You can get another infraction for "Discussing Disciplinary Actions", so if you have a problem with being banned on the forum, you should complain via email or take it up with us in IRC.

c) The people giving the infractions on the forum and the people developing the game are two entirely separate groups of people. We mods are players just like you.

d) I'm surprised they didn't respond to an email about payment problems, but as Adderall said, these forums are user-to-user, so I don't know what you expect us to do here. Email is great but has anybody submitted an official support ticket about this yet? http://www.quakelive.com/#!support You can also get an official response via #quakelive.support on QuakeNet during business hours.

e) And I hate to ask the obvious, but are you using a supported browser?

Quote Originally Posted by SyncError View Post
    Once you have determined that you must file a new bug report, you want to ensure that you include as much relevant information as possible.
    • Always include the system specifications of your testing environment, include a dxdiag for system related bugs. DO NOT report bugs for systems that do not meet the supported system requirements as noted on the FAQ.
    • Provide as many details as possible about the bug, what you were doing prior during and after the bug occurred.
    • For in-game bugs please describe the game environment, server location, gametype, gamestate and game version.
    • Provide as much documentation as you can, including screenshots, game demos, and condumps.
    Last edited by Dowser; 08-19-2011 at 09:58 PM.
    Forum Rules || Forum Search || Forum Settings (your control panel) || Technical Support (sticky!) || How to Report a Bug
    “Read more, type less; whine less, play more.”
    Happy fragging!

Senior Member Chibers will become famous soon enough Chibers's Avatar
    My buddy had this issue with FF, tried using IE and things went smoothly.

That would be my suggestion for right now. Already sent in a ticket about it last week.
    #TATW
    It's more fun when you're mellow

Quote Originally Posted by Dowser View Post
    d) I'm surprised they didn't respond to an email about payment problems, but as Adderall said, these forums are user-to-user, so I don't know what you expect us to do here.
    Please try again in a few moments, or if you continue to have this problem let us know on the forums or contact us over email.

These aren't forums?

How many support tickets are needed?
    Firefox is a supported browser. ("Supported browsers" is kind of a misnomer now, because the list is slowly dwindling, isn't it? I can't play it in Chrome because they shut off Chrome due to compatibility issues with the network, can't play it in IE because it stinks for gameplay. FYI I get the same error in IE. How many does that leave me, exactly?)

Quote Originally Posted by Dowser View Post
    a) You got an infraction for being vulgar in a completely unrelated post.
    Oh it was unrelated? I guess that's a matter of opinion... these things are so subjective. Calling someone a suckup for asking us to pay for the game if we like it when we can't even pay for the game because the page doesn't work... "Unrelated"? It doesn't matter, man, but thanks for your valuable input anyway. This is pretty much the end of the road. Cheers.
    Last edited by enki; 08-20-2011 at 02:01 AM. Reason: donkey edit

+ Reply to Thread