+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: LG - Lightning Gun Unbalanced

*Nerr
    Quote Originally Posted by dvojkroj View Post
    I mostly play with ping about 20 in Frankfurt and sg acts really strange, sometimes it shows the effect of impact(sparkles or how is it called), yet dont deliver any dmg. Some rails just arent there and yet they hit, but thats quake I guess.
    cg_trueShotgun 1

Member dvojkroj is on a distinguished road
    I'll try that, should I expect big difference in the way it acts?

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dvojkroj View Post
    I'll try that, should I expect big difference in the way it acts?
    cg_trueshotgun 1 shows you the actual spread of the pellets. If you keep it on 0 it looks better (random) but the clientside hit sparks are not correct. Same with rail tho. Not sure about that, but if you have predictLocalRails 1, the beam is drawed instantly after you hit +attack. but its not yet precessed by the server.

However, I like the trueShotgun 1 setting so far.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

*j4x
    Quake Live has excellent weapon balance; as good as it's gonna get.
    There will always be people that don't agree.
    There will always be persons that agree.

If you don't agree, go play a game like Half Life 2 Deathmatch (got 800hrs+ game time on that one, so I know) so that you can realize just how balanced Quake Live really is. I'm sure others can refer to other games where weapon balance is really totally messed up.

So... The guns are fine yo, maybe learn to use them correctly first.

Peace!

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerr View Post
    cg_trueShotgun 1
    Won't help the slightest bit - that only affects the spread. No cvar can help the difference between the client prediction (when SG sparks/rail trail is drawn) and what server uses for hit detection (different crosshair position/point in time than what was used when drawing sparks/rail trail).

Member dvojkroj is on a distinguished road
    I added cg_trueShotgun 1 to my confing and so far it seems ok, what you see is what you get. The issue of "nonexisting" rails, hit detection etc. is different story of course.

*muhfugga
    i have an idea. let's nerf all the weapons... oh except the rocket launcher... let's make it faster with a bigger splash and faster reload time. i mean, the shotgun has been ruined, why not make the lg worse?

Junior Member TheGardenWeasel is an unknown quantity at this point

Lightning gun ruins this game

The lightning gun kills me in less than a second. I cant even move. Why does it have to be in every level. The lg totally ruins the game.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    This is when you try using your wasd or whatever you have bound.

Senior Member AXxXxO is on a distinguished road AXxXxO's Avatar
    it kills you probably because you always use rl and you cant dodge lg good so you die.....1 suggestion to you,practice lg and dodging!
    Quote Originally Posted by Downlink View Post
    Add A Killcam Maybe?
    Only available for COD MW3 owners!Coming soon i next update....

+ Reply to Thread