+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Community made addons

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    my grammar and descriptions sound so weird... "easier visual customization", "detailed info for every cvar"... I need to redo all that stuff. im just so lazy :'(

Corrections:

Quote Originally Posted by filo View Post
    This video tutorial is probably one of the most important publication for anyone new to the game. Not only it explains straffing in written word, it also shows you a video demonstration and what keystrokes are made during the jump.
    should be
    Quote Originally Posted by kittenignition View Post
    Not only does it explain strafe jumping in written words, it also has a videe demonstration that shows what keystrokes are made while strafe jumping.
    ---

Crucci made an excellent video of chain jumps examples. We can learn how beneficial those jumps can really be to get an upper hand over our opponents.
    should be
    Crucci made an excellent video displaying the many uses of chain jumps on several Quake Live maps. We can learn how beneficial those jumps can really be to get an upper hand over our opponents.
    ---

LETS GO PRO! ... but wait! Before you starting buying your pro accounts and playing with top players like Cooller. First you need to read this guide about the aspects of dueling in Quake Live.

This guide has an extended info about dueling on every skill level, so remember! ... low skill level knowledge is important and needed for the next higher level of skill, so be sure not to skip ahead, except if your name is stermy or cypher.
    should be
    LETS GO PRO! ... But wait! Before you start buying your pro accounts and playing with top players like Cooller, you need to read this guide that explains, in-depth, the different aspects of dueling in Quake Live.

This guide has extended info about dueling on every skill level, so remember! ... low skill level knowledge is important and necessary for the next level of skill, so be sure not to skip ahead, unless your name is stermy or rapha
    ---

This timing guide is one of the best guides published. It takes you deep inside into a PRO quaker mind and shows you a very important part of dueling -TIMING! But do not get scared away, this guide can help you understand the basic and the advanced skill of timing, so there is something to learn for everyone.
    should be
    This timing guide is one of the best guides published. It takes you deep inside a pro quaker's mind and shows you a very important part of dueling: TIMING! But don't get scared away; this guide can help you understand both basic and advanced techniques for timing items, so there's something for everyone.
    ---

Again namad surprised us with a little useful tool that help us time item spawns. This is a very useful tool to train yourself in the way of the math, since one important aspect of quake is to time your items!

Its really simple, a generator is popping up random times and you have to answer with a correct number, when will the next spawn be. It then tells you if you have entered a correct time. The addon also shows you your average time spent needed to calculate for the next item spawn.
    should be
    Again namad surprised us with a little tool that helps us time item spawns. This is a very useful tool to train yourself in the way of the math, since one important aspect of Quake is item timing!

It's really simple: a generator is popping up random times and you have to answer with the correct time that an item will spawn next. It then tells you if you entered the correct time. The tool also shows you your average time spent calculating when the item will spawn next.
    ---

This addon is one of the most used addons for Quake Live. Namad just made it EZ mode for everyone who would like to modify or make a new HUD. This addon has already reproduce 8745 custom huds. (according to the site).

The addon is very simple to use. It uses drag and drop functions for items that you would like on your HUD in combination with various variables like opacity, size and so on. Also you have the important function like aligning HUD elements which has proven to be very useful.

Namad has also provided a help section with video tutorials to help you understand the process of building a HUD. You can also check the update log for bug fixes or if something new was added to this marvelous creation.
    should be
    This is one of the most used Quake Live tool. Namad just made it EZ mode for everyone who would like to modify or make a HUD. This addon has already produced 8745 HUDs, according to the site.

The addon is very simple to use. It uses drag-and-drop functions for items that you would like on your HUD in combination with multiple variables like opacity, size, etc. Also, you have the important function like aligning HUD elements, which is very useful.

Namad has also provided a help section with video tutorials to help you understand the process of building a HUD. You can also check the update log for bug fixes, or just to see what has been added with each update.
    ---

[COLOR=Silver]Quake Live custom HUD resources is the place to look for custom made HUDs made by ordinary players. There is also an installation guide and if you dig deep you will also find a guide on how to code your own HUD
    should be
    Quake Live custom HUD resources is the place to look for custom HUDs made by ordinary players. There is also an installation guide and, if you dig deep, you will also find a guide on how to code your on HUD.
    ---

Now this is the most useful thing a man invented after hot water and the wheel. For all demo freaks and movie makers out there, once you start using it, you wont be able to live with out it.

Quake Live demo tools is a small set of tools for managing, editing and viewing Quake Live demos. It has features like:
    • keeps your demos organized.
    • pause, fastforward, superfastforward and allows you to jump next or to previous demo.
    • edit your demo -cut out everything you dislike.
    • view chat from the demo without actually running the demo.
    • + more settings and variables to play with.
    should be
    Now, this is the most useful thing Man has invented since fire and the wheel. For all demo freaks and moviemakers out there, once you start using this program, you won't be able to live without it.

QLDT is a program with a small set of tools for managing, editing and viewing Quake Live demos. It has a lot of features, such as:
    • Keeping demos organized.
    • Pause, FastForward, SuperFF, and Skip Forward (to the next demo).
    • Edit demos - cut out small sections, or remove large portions of the demo.
    • View chat logs without even opening the demo.
    • Export demos to .xml for even heavier modification.
    • Loads more settings to play with.
    ---

Quake Live Demo Player has proven to be very useful if you have a need to list and queue your wast numbers of demos on the site, without going in your demo folder.

It also has search function and an ability to make a playlist of your demos, again, everything is done thru the Quake Live web page.

So make yourself a popcorn sit down with your loved ones and watch and enjoy the awesomeness of your frags.

should be
    The Quake Live Demo Player has proven to be very useful if you need to list and queue your vast numbers of demos, directly from the webpage, without having to open your demos folder.

It also has a search function and the ability to make a playlist out of your demos, and again, everything is done through the Quake Live web page.

So make yourself some popcorn, sit down with your loved ones, and watch the awesomeness that is your demolist.
    ---

You can review my changes/revisions and re-add the formatting, or just make the changes directly to your post. Most of them are grammar/punctuation fixes, but a few of them are redone sentences or paragraphs because they just didnt seem right to me.

Also, all the changes are from the second post. If this even matters to you, then ill check the third one too

WELL THAT WAS A LOT OF WORK!

P.S. I may have jumped too fast into all the issues with the thread to not display how much I like it, but this is a great thread. Reminds me of the good raythenoob!

Banned Fudge911 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Withheld by the Witness Protection Program
    Evil mods stealing my thread...

Quake Live Information Center

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge911 View Post
    Evil mods stealing my thread...

Quake Live Information Center
    lol'd

i completely missed that thread. it sucks that it wasnt stickied, even though its really old. not only that, but its a useful thread by fudge. a rarity indeed

Quote Originally Posted by KittenIgnition View Post
    lol'd

i completely missed that thread. it sucks that it wasnt stickied, even though its really old. not only that, but its a useful thread by fudge. a rarity indeed
    I think that no mod stickied it because all of the forum mods hate me. They all have some kind of grudge against me.
    My troll rep is very good.

It's not that old, it was created this year, but yeah, it's 2 months old.

I think that no mod stickied it because all of the forum mods hate me. They all have some kind of grudge against me.
    My troll rep is very good.

It's not that old, it was created this year, but yeah, it's 2 months old.
    they hate me too

Senior Member filo is on a distinguished road filo's Avatar
    hehe tnx kittenignition, i will include your corrections later today i hope.

Fudge nice work there ... i missed your thread completely, sorry. Just for info i was doing on this thread for quite some time it just wasnt published... , but your colection of links might help me for future news, so idd tnx.

hehe tnx kittenignition, i will include your corrections later today i hope.

Fudge nice work there ... i missed your thread completely, sorry. Just for info i was doing on this thread for quite some time it just wasnt published... , but your colection of links might help me for future news, so idd tnx.
    Ok, thanks.
    Could you maybe add me in the credits?

Ok, thanks.
    Could you maybe add me in the credits?
    that would be pretty funny

Quote Originally Posted by KittenIgnition View Post
    that would be pretty funny
    And a contribution from a very...um...productive? Member of our community, Fudge911!

+ Reply to Thread