+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Linkify Plus Red Links - Linkify Quake Live chat links (Greasemonkey script)

Senior Member kryty will become famous soon enough kryty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diplodok View Post
    ... which only brings us to my original suspicion that Firefox is noob when it comes to regex parsing. Even Internet confirms this.
    It might lighten the load if I removed email support. Maybe make it possible to toggle it. I'm not sure if it would help much but its worth a test.

Another project might take over for a while but I will not give up on this.
    Last edited by kryty; 03-06-2011 at 01:34 PM.
    My greasemonkey scripts
    [ Linkify Quake Live chat links ][ Chat in Quake Live Welcome screen ][ All Quake Live chat messages to left ]
    [
    Quake Live Custom map launcher ][ Windowed mode background color changer and white box remover ]

[If you approve my efforts in the message above, +rep me : ) (the star/badge on lower left corner of the message)]

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    I've removed email support and changed the regex to exclude leading " (as in src="http://cdn.quakelive... - not sure if it's even parsed, I don't really understand JS) and it cut the time by more than half but the script was still unusable for simultaneous long chats.

Then I installed your newest version and it didn't work at all, probably PEBKAC but I was tired of fighting with it and just gave up. Let's just say it needs Opera or Chrome to work fast and don't waste time on a crappy browser FF is.

Junior Member GreasyMonkey is on a distinguished road
    I've removed email support and changed the regex to exclude leading " (as in src="http://cdn.quakelive... - not sure if it's even parsed, I don't really understand JS) and it cut the time by more than half but the script was still unusable for simultaneous long chats.

Then I installed your newest version and it didn't work at all, probably PEBKAC but I was tired of fighting with it and just gave up. Let's just say it needs Opera or Chrome to work fast and don't waste time on a crappy browser FF is.
    :/ I can try to improve it in time. Will repair it today if I get the time.

I have already managed to put the chat into Welcome screen (thank fraggedICE for that idea, first i was using QLPrompt) and I am able to view and send messages, but the text field below new chat screen loses focus when I send messages. I will release some version today or tomorrow so ppl can test it.

In case you're wondering, GreasyMonkey is my test account (got to refresh the page after each change in script, don't want to bother everybody).

1.1.4 - Fixed the previous bug and removed email address support.

Chat in welcome screen: http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...monkey-script)
    Last edited by kryty; 03-07-2011 at 09:24 AM.
    My greasemonkey scripts
    [ Linkify Quake Live chat links ][ Chat in Quake Live Welcome screen ][ All Quake Live chat messages to left ]
    [
    Quake Live Custom map launcher ][ Windowed mode background color changer and white box remover ]

[If you approve my efforts in the message above, +rep me : ) (the star/badge on lower left corner of the message)]

... but the script was still unusable for simultaneous long chats..
    I found out what was happening. Now that I have made my other scripts, I realized what this script was really doing. Every time a new message came, the script put the whole code through linkifier again. And if that's not enough it actually did it every time some element was added to the site which is pretty often.....

So I rewrote that code now that I knew how to do it and now the script only tries to linkify when new messages come and it only linkifies the new message, not the whole chat. It still might slow down a bit if there are a lot messages sent by only one person but when the second person sends even one message, it gets lighter. Might look into that too, should not be too hard.

1.1.5 - Rewrote functions that gave the text to linkifycontainer, now the script should be a lot lighter.
    My greasemonkey scripts
    [

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Haven't tried yet (I'm not at home) but if you only linkify the last small div, what happens when you switch between one very long chat (let's say with yourself) and another one repeatedly? I imagine it either still lagging in this particular situation or losing previously made links...

Well I would not be so sure. Before every time something new was created, it tried to linkify it all again. And every message came seperately so if you had 100 messages, the whole chat history was went through 100 times. Now only once.
    My greasemonkey scripts
    [

Added versions 1.1.6 and 1.1.7
    Now the links that take you out of Quake Live open in a new tab and other small fixes.

If some links open in a wrong place (Link outside of Quake Live opening in the Quake Live tab or a link that opens a new instance of Quake Live opens in a new tab) let me know and remember to include the link.
    My greasemonkey scripts
    [

So over a year since last update.

Version 1.1.8
    - Compatibility fix - had UI problems with custom map launcher
    Version 1.1.9
    - Replaced /r/ from the links with /#! - if someone gave you a join link or a link to game stats before it could have reloaded QL again but this prevents it (Also if someone gave you a link to a game and not invite, the same thing could have happened also)
    My greasemonkey scripts
    [

Banned DCR is on a distinguished road
    I hope this gets implemented in the qlprism package. Finally i can click on links on play profiles and such. Great script.

+ Reply to Thread