+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Linkify Plus Red Links - Linkify Quake Live chat links (Greasemonkey script)

Senior Member kryty will become famous soon enough kryty's Avatar
    I've had that same problem but I went away for a holiday so didn't have time to fix it.

Possibly found a simple fix, just download the newest version and try. The script works slower now, giving more time for other things.
    Downside to the fix is that the links might take a long time to linkify if you have many friends online but I can't test it at the moment because there's only 3 friends online at this hour. When there's more, I can test the fix better and perhaps improve it a bit.

If it works now, let me know.
    Last edited by kryty; 03-05-2011 at 12:25 AM.
    My greasemonkey scripts
    [ Linkify Quake Live chat links ][ Chat in Quake Live Welcome screen ][ All Quake Live chat messages to left ]
    [
    Quake Live Custom map launcher ][ Windowed mode background color changer and white box remover ]

[If you approve my efforts in the message above, +rep me : ) (the star/badge on lower left corner of the message)]

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    New version still adds a slight slowdown to the site, but hides it really well ;)

New problem is: it needs exactly 17 seconds to highlight an url after going to someone's profile.

Since it's already QL-only script, can't you make it work only for certains elements, right now I can think of only "im-chat-body" and "prf_bio" <div>s needing that. That would surely improve performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Diplodok View Post
    New version still adds a slight slowdown to the site, but hides it really well
    sneaky -.-

It might be a bit better now.

Had to use "qlv_profileTopLeft" because "prf_bio" is a class and would have been painfull to use.

Now only makes an event listener that checks for new elements (before 1.0.8 checked for any changes). It checks if "qlv_profiletopleft" exists and checks if a new "im-chat-body" has been created (user opened chat or chat with another friend), then it creates an event listener that fires on every change to only "im-chat-body".

Still lag? Ideas?
    Last edited by kryty; 03-05-2011 at 03:48 AM.
    My greasemonkey scripts
    [ Linkify Quake Live chat links ][ Chat in Quake Live Welcome screen ][ All Quake Live chat messages to left ]
    [
    Quake Live Custom map launcher ][ Windowed mode background color changer and white box remover ]

[If you approve my efforts in the message above, +rep me : ) (the star/badge on lower left corner of the message)]

Senior Member AXxXxO is on a distinguished road AXxXxO's Avatar
    nice,better then copy paste
    Quote Originally Posted by Downlink View Post
    Add A Killcam Maybe?
    Only available for COD MW3 owners!Coming soon i next update....

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Now the main site doesn't lag at least. That's really a big step forward :) Profiles are quick enough too.

But after a quick chat of around 40 lines + 3 links pasted, clicking on that friend and immediately on another friend (normally that's instant switch) needs around 7 seconds on my computer, that's for how long the UI hangs. I'm scared to think how slow would longer chat history work. Can this be somehow sped up even more?

No idea how much faster would FF4 or Chrome be, I tested on what's officially supported (and most probably used by most players).

I found some bugs from the code, got to try to fix them tomorrow.

1.1.1 - Fixed. It works a lot better now, don't you think? Still might tidy it up a bit when I get the time.

1.1.2 - Better color changer. Now it should work with any browser that supports Greasemonkey scripts.
    Last edited by kryty; 03-06-2011 at 01:31 AM.
    My greasemonkey scripts
    [

It is a bit faster, but still not fast enough to be usable for chat. After a longer chat (170 lines, but 30 kilobytes of im-chat-body HTML, no links pasted!) it needs 15 seconds to switch away and back to this chat.

Either Firefox's regex parser is broken beyond belief (highly probable), or the script loops somewhere.

Senior Member fraggedICE is on a distinguished road
    New version works perfectly in chrome, was talking with my friend and giving my config to someone else at the same time and no lag whatsoever. I've never had any lag in previous versions though either. :]

... which only brings us to my original suspicion that Firefox is noob when it comes to regex parsing. Even Internet confirms this.

Quote Originally Posted by Diplodok View Post
    or the script loops somewhere.
    1.1.3 - I thought I already fixed one bug but it happens at 1 am.. Let me know if its better now.
    My greasemonkey scripts
    [

+ Reply to Thread