+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Linkify Plus Red Links - Linkify Quake Live chat links (Greasemonkey script)

Senior Member kryty will become famous soon enough kryty's Avatar

Lightbulb Linkify Plus for Quake Live - Linkify Quake Live chat links (Greasemonkey script)

I wanted to make the chat links to proper links so I tried a greasemonkey script called Linkify Plus. With it, the links were white with the white background so I modified the script to make the links red and fixed a few bugs.

Linkify Plus for Quake Live
    Userscripts page: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/96307
    Direct link to script: http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/96307.user.js

linkifyforquake.png

Linkify Plus for Quake Live makes the links written to Quake Live chat appear as proper links. All Quake Live links that are not to forums are opened in the same window and the rest will open in a new tab or new window.

Current version:

Last updated:

Installing
    First you need to be able to use userscripts.

Firefox:
    Scriptish (recommended) https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...don/scriptish/
    Greasemonkey: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir.../greasemonkey/

Prism:
    KETNAR has a pretty good guide on how to install greasemonkey to Prism.
    http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...-(late)-xmass.

Internet Explorer:
    It is said that sometimes greasemonkey scripts wont work in IE plugin Trixie. I haven't tried it but if you'd like to try, here's the link.
    http://www.bhelpuri.net/Trixie/

Chrome:
    For Chrome no extensions are needed. Userscripts work without any (thanks to fraggedICE for letting me know), but there is one extension that provides some useful features like offering an easy way to edit the scripts.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jmpbldmpobfkfo

After installing the plugin, install the script. For Firefox and Chrome, just click the Install button. To install the script in prism, right click the monkey head on the right bottom corner, choose "Download User Script..." and copy paste this:
    http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/96307.user.js

Link colors

Since the version 1.1.2 there are no Greasemonkey User script commands. Now changing the color is fairly easy, you just have to choose your desired color from the dropdown list under the chat.

If you don't find the color you want from the list below, ask it in this thread (and possible provide color name + #) and I might add it when I get the time.

Current colors:
    red: #FF0000
    green: #00FF00
    blue: #0000FF
    black: #000000

From fraggedICE:
    Exact color QL uses for links like the clan tag: #ca3827

If you find any bugs, let me know.

Changelog:
    Version 1.1.9
    - Replaced /r/ from the links with /#! - if someone gave you a join link or a link to game stats before it could have reloaded QL again but this prevents it
    Version 1.1.8
    - Compatibility fix - had UI problems with custom map launcher
    Version 1.1.7
    - Fixed last version and other small fixes
    Version 1.1.6
    - Changed where links are opened. All Quake Live links that are not to forums are opened in the same window and the rest will open in a new tab or window.
    Version 1.1.5
    - Rewrote functions that gave the text to linkifycontainer, now the script should be a lot lighter
    - Also added Greasemonkey api emulation script for Chrome - No more you need any separate plugin to save color.
    Version 1.1.4
    - Another bugfix and stopped looking for email addresses.
    Version 1.1.3
    - Bugfix.
    Version 1.1.2
    - Removed commands from Greasemonkey "User Script Commands..." menu and added a dropdown selection to change color for better compatibility.
    Version 1.0.6 to 1.1.1
    - Lagfix.
    Version 1.0.5
    - Made the color changing work better.
    Version 1.0.4
    - Added possibility to change color through Greasemonkey "User Script Commands..." menu.
    Version 1.0.3
    - Limited the use to Quake Live.
    Version 1.0.2
    - Changed event listener type, now links should appear even after the first message.
    Version 1.0.1
    - Parenthesis fix
    Version 1.0.0
    - First version. Changed link color to red.

Original Linkify Plus with white links (does not work properly with Quake Live)
    http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/1352
    Last edited by kryty; 09-23-2012 at 04:37 AM.
    My greasemonkey scripts
    [ Linkify Quake Live chat links ][ Chat in Quake Live Welcome screen ][ All Quake Live chat messages to left ]
    [
    Quake Live Custom map launcher ][ Windowed mode background color changer and white box remover ]

[If you approve my efforts in the message above, +rep me : ) (the star/badge on lower left corner of the message)]

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    thats pretty cool

too lazy to try it out though. maybe someone else will give a review or something...

If only it worked :P

It does work sometimes but needs more testing.

Got to work on it when I have more time.

It works now!
    Last edited by kryty; 02-07-2011 at 04:36 AM.

Senior Member KETNAR will become famous soon enough KETNAR's Avatar
    Haaannndy..

I'll just add that to the list over here. Thanks!

ps: You should put the word 'quake live' in the userscripts.org post name so it searches better.

Quote Originally Posted by KETNAR View Post
    ps: You should put the word 'quake live' in the userscripts.org post name so it searches better.
    Thanks for the tip. At first I didn't because it worked everywhere. I think the original Linkify is better for usage outside Quake Live, so now Linkify Plus Red Links only works with Quake Live. If wanted, i can remove this restriction.

Renamed to Linkify Plus Red Links - Linkify for Quake Live
    Last edited by kryty; 02-07-2011 at 10:45 AM.

Senior Member fraggedICE is on a distinguished road
    Works fine in chrome without tampermonkey. Chrome supports most stuff from userscripts.org out of the box, including the alt server browser, great script
    Last edited by fraggedICE; 02-07-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fraggedICE View Post
    Works fine in chrome without tampermonkey. Chrome supports most stuff from userscripts.org out of the box, including the alt server browser, great script
    Thanks for letting me know, I'll update the guide.
    My greasemonkey scripts
    [ Linkify Quake Live chat links ][ Chat in Quake Live Welcome screen ][ All Quake Live chat messages to left ]
    [
    Quake Live Custom map launcher ][ Windowed mode background color changer and white box remover ]

[If you approve my efforts in the message above, +rep me : ) (the star/badge on lower left corner of the message)]

Senior Member fraggedICE is on a distinguished road
    In case you're wondering, #ca3827 is the exact colour QL uses for links like the clan tag shown on your profile page, and it is possible to test the script with /tell_buddy <yournamehere> which will bring up a chat box just for you.

Quote Originally Posted by fraggedICE View Post
    In case you're wondering, #ca3827 is the exact colour QL uses for links like the clan tag shown on your profile page, and it is possible to test the script with /tell_buddy <yournamehere> which will bring up a chat box just for you.
    I'll add that color to the list and perhaps include better instructions on how to edit the script.
    My greasemonkey scripts
    [

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    FF 3.6.14, GM 0.9.1 - the script makes the site painfully slow, especially notable when checking friends' games. "Live Game Info" takes ages to pop up after just a short while from logging in. Disabling the script and reloading the site makes it literally 10 times faster. Can anyone else with appropriately big friendlist reproduce this?

+ Reply to Thread