I wanted to make the chat links to proper links so I tried a greasemonkey script called Linkify Plus. With it, the links were white with the white background so I modified the script to make the links red and fixed a few bugs.
Linkify Plus for Quake Live
Userscripts page: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/96307
Direct link to script: http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/96307.user.js
Linkify Plus for Quake Live makes the links written to Quake Live chat appear as proper links. All Quake Live links that are not to forums are opened in the same window and the rest will open in a new tab or new window.
First you need to be able to use userscripts.
Scriptish (recommended) https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...don/scriptish/
KETNAR has a pretty good guide on how to install greasemonkey to Prism.
It is said that sometimes greasemonkey scripts wont work in IE plugin Trixie. I haven't tried it but if you'd like to try, here's the link.
For Chrome no extensions are needed. Userscripts work without any (thanks to fraggedICE for letting me know), but there is one extension that provides some useful features like offering an easy way to edit the scripts.
After installing the plugin, install the script. For Firefox and Chrome, just click the Install button. To install the script in prism, right click the monkey head on the right bottom corner, choose "Download User Script..." and copy paste this:
Since the version 1.1.2 there are no Greasemonkey User script commands. Now changing the color is fairly easy, you just have to choose your desired color from the dropdown list under the chat.
If you don't find the color you want from the list below, ask it in this thread (and possible provide color name + #) and I might add it when I get the time.
Exact color QL uses for links like the clan tag: #ca3827
If you find any bugs, let me know.
- Replaced /r/ from the links with /#! - if someone gave you a join link or a link to game stats before it could have reloaded QL again but this prevents it
- Compatibility fix - had UI problems with custom map launcher
- Fixed last version and other small fixes
- Changed where links are opened. All Quake Live links that are not to forums are opened in the same window and the rest will open in a new tab or window.
- Rewrote functions that gave the text to linkifycontainer, now the script should be a lot lighter
- Also added Greasemonkey api emulation script for Chrome - No more you need any separate plugin to save color.
- Another bugfix and stopped looking for email addresses.
- Removed commands from Greasemonkey "User Script Commands..." menu and added a dropdown selection to change color for better compatibility.
Version 1.0.6 to 1.1.1
- Made the color changing work better.
- Added possibility to change color through Greasemonkey "User Script Commands..." menu.
- Limited the use to Quake Live.
- Changed event listener type, now links should appear even after the first message.
- Parenthesis fix
- First version. Changed link color to red.
Original Linkify Plus with white links (does not work properly with Quake Live)