+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DevPick Jan 28-30: JetPacks!

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar

DevPick Jan 28-30: JetPacks!

If you've ever doubted that you couldn't fly, well don't stop believin' because this week's DevPick is my personal favorite: JetPacks! This time it works a little differently, however. While everybody still spawns with the Flight powerup, the amount of flight is much less, only about 4 seconds. The difference is whenever you aren't holding down your Use Item button to fly, your JetPack will magically recharge back to 100%. Take a journey and live like a spaceman all weekend long, before it's too late.

JetPack CTF and FFA will be running on all weekend. Make sure you have a handy bind for Use Item in order to use your new found ability!

Senior Member fraggedICE is on a distinguished road
    Loving it =]

*a13xid13acter14
    e p i c k !

Senior Member crucci is on a distinguished road
    Yaaaay.

Another devpick that I can't enjoy.

Well, alright, the jetpack itself is a fun variation, and yes, it was sort of fun to slaughter a tier 2/3 FFA server by 50-3.

I was the first to join the server, but since there is no skill restriction in DevPick servers - an issue I have complained about many times - the server's skillrating quickly plummeted from 100 to 50. At the end, of course, I was called a cheater! Can you believe that?

The least you could do is give me the option to create my own skill restricted but unranked DevPick server with my pro account.
    Last edited by crucci; 01-28-2011 at 06:28 PM.

*RileyJ
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    If you've ever doubted that you couldn't fly, well don't stop believin' because this week's DevPick is my personal favorite: JetPacks! This time it works a little differently, however. While everybody still spawns with the Flight powerup, the amount of flight is much less, only about 4 seconds. The difference is whenever you aren't holding down your Use Item button to fly, your JetPack will magically recharge back to 100%. Take a journey and live like a spaceman all weekend long, before it's too late.

JetPack CTF and FFA will be running on all weekend. Make sure you have a handy bind for Use Item in order to use your new found ability!
    HEY GUYS! i've a better idea, why don`t you fix the chilean servers, it isn`t working properly, and i know, you guys are busy, but, we have waited for such a long time , and we dont even have an answer of you..
    plz ID guys, we desserve frags like every quake-life-fan
    thank you

*kyrios003
    Best dev ever.

Member shut_up is an unknown quantity at this point shut_up's Avatar
    boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorind, again ? booooooooooooooooooooring, i wanna low gravity.

Junior Member ColonelFatso is on a distinguished road
    Next up: skiing?

Senior Member crucci is on a distinguished road
    Go ahead and find my post not helpful. It's not intended to be helpful. It's a complaint.

Senior Member EmeraldTiger is on a distinguished road EmeraldTiger's Avatar
    An okay DevPick, though I wish the original was brought back. In this version you can`t use holdable items at all, regardless of whether or not you drained all your flight supply. Which means on dm18 I can`t use the kamikaze, which sucks - that item pretty much makes up half the fun of Space Chamber.

Good fun, just not the best DevPick. You should really do g_dropdamagedhealth, by the way.
    Dont have had English lessons on school ?
    You dont understand word i just word do you?
    - Draven of LowLandLions

Check out my blog, EmeraldProductions:
    http://emeraldproductions.weebly.com/

+ Reply to Thread