+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do I get Timers on Hud ??

*AiRB0URN

How do I get Timers on Hud ??

Hi,

is there any way to have an HUD with a timer for RA,MH,YA etc... ?

Just like this :

http://www.own3d.tv/lvlup#/watch/57481

thanks

Member Puczman is on a distinguished road
    Just a spectator privilege on premium servers, no option.

*AiRB0URN
    damn , no way to have a timer so... ?

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Puczman View Post
    That's correct, but I'm under the assumption that it *could* be possible, but would most likely take a ton of coding (and would be against the rules to use it probably)
    Would be fun to attempt if I was able to code

Senior Member KETNAR will become famous soon enough KETNAR's Avatar
    Counting is SO hard..

:P
    Is quake live showing you 'suggestive' ads?[Click] to see why. | STOP crying about people better than you.
    Science shows the handheld controller is crap for games.... :P| START learning how to play.
    [See why] Microsoft dropped the idea of PC/Xbox interplaying.| [The rest of us did.] :P

Senior Member INCubus is on a distinguished road INCubus's Avatar
    While having timers that literally countdown item timings for you (like the premium server spectator option) is illegal, there is another way.. kind of.

Around a year or so ago, the famous HUD designer "yatar" made a static item timer where you would manually add in a specific item's timing and by hitting a set key it would teamsay the information for you and have the item's icon with your set time displayed on screen.

Here's a screenshot:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...shot0004-1.jpg

This is about as close as you can get to displaying "timers" without breaking any rules as again the "timers" actually dont countdown but instead rely on you to enter the info in manually.

Not sure if this "hud" exists anymore, or even functions with the numerous cvar changes that QL has received since the time I used this system. Hope this answers your question.
    Last edited by INCubus; 01-24-2011 at 12:26 PM.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Puczman View Post

to be more specific, you need to be a spectator and have

cg_enablerespawntimer "1"

on servers that have g_compmode set.

just set cg_enablerespawntimer 1 in your cfg and if you're ever on the right kind of server you will have them, it does nothing on unsupported servers.

Quote Originally Posted by INCubus View Post
    While having timers that literally countdown item timings for you (like the premium server spectator option) is illegal, there is another way.. kind of.

Around a year or so ago, the famous HUD designer "yatar" made a static item timer where you would manually add in a specific item's timing and by hitting a set key it would teamsay the information for you and have the item's icon with your set time displayed on screen.

Here's a screenshot:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...shot0004-1.jpg

This is about as close as you can get to displaying "timers" without breaking any rules as again the "timers" actually dont countdown but instead rely on you to enter the info in manually.

Not sure if this "hud" exists anymore, or even functions with the numerous cvar changes that QL has received since the time I used this system. Hope this answers your question.
    That was exactly what I was referring to--cool to see that someone made...I'm not going to use it though haha

*MGee
    Yakumo explained it well, and completely =)

About incubus his comment, qop uploaded the complete script (cleaned, pretty easy to install and use) together with his newest, and in my opinion also best custom hud he made so far

To view or download this take a look @ this link: http://qlhud.core.ws/id/56tDUi

I tried it but since i play only CTF it's just too hectic too actually use it in-game
    I took his script and adjusted it by deleting everything except for 1 QUAD-timer since u only really need 1 @ CTF (even there are 2 power-ups) and placed ir @ my HUD right below my level-timer, but even like that i still almost never use it, ( but that also might be because im not really used to use it yet =) )
    Dunno if ppl are interested in that, if there are ppl who are interested ill upload it

Anywayz, the best way is just to have a level timer thats big enough and good located @ ur HUD and just learn to remember the last 2 numbers (and count 25 or 35 secs to that, for the RA or MH)
    It just takes a little practice and some time to really controle the item-timings like that, but once u have, u will have a big advantage over the ppl who use scripts like that =)

Quote Originally Posted by MGee View Post
    Yakumo explained it well, and completely =)

About incubus his comment, qop uploaded the complete script (cleaned, pretty easy to install and use) together with his newest, and in my opinion also best custom hud he made so far

To view or download this take a look @ this link: http://qlhud.core.ws/id/56tDUi

I tried it but since i play only CTF it's just too hectic too actually use it in-game
    I took his script and adjusted it by deleting everything except for 1 QUAD-timer since u only really need 1 @ CTF (even there are 2 power-ups) and placed ir @ my HUD right below my level-timer, but even like that i still almost never use it, ( but that also might be because im not really used to use it yet =) )
    Dunno if ppl are interested in that, if there are ppl who are interested ill upload it

Anywayz, the best way is just to have a level timer thats big enough and good located @ ur HUD and just learn to remember the last 2 numbers (and count 25 or 35 secs to that, for the RA or MH)
    It just takes a little practice and some time to really controle the item-timings like that, but once u have, u will have a big advantage over the ppl who use scripts like that =)
    Just wondering....but why would you need to time the Quad like that? I can't time items normally, but I can time powerups as long as I notice when they were taken. It's 2 minutes later that they will come back. Pretty easy to "time' them--just look at the seconds that you hear "QUAD DAMAGE" and then remember it and then look at the minutes and then add 2.

+ Reply to Thread