+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DevPick Jan 21-24: All Weapons CTF Revisited

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar

DevPick Jan 21-24: All Weapons CTF Revisited

Once again, this DevPick may not feel like the first time. This week's choice was one of the ones that had unusual heat when we put out the call for requests for previous DevPicks. All weekend long we've got CTF with all weapons enabled. This time, it's a bit different however. In addition to all weapons we've also disabled self damage, so feel free to get face to face with the enemy and launch a rocket out of the blue. You can't slow down once you get the flag, because no self damage also allows a defense on their toes to quickly catch up and give you a flesh wound.

All Weapons CTF servers are now online and will be running until Monday. Keep on posting your favorite DevPicks and we'll keep using them, with hopefully a few new ones in time!

Senior Member mellow is on a distinguished road mellow's Avatar
    Much better than last weekend. Capturestrike here I come!

#NATDM.QL on Quakenet IRC

Senior Member EmeraldTiger is on a distinguished road EmeraldTiger's Avatar
    You always say "all weapons", but you forget the nailgun and chaingun.

If it`s just a bit of casual fun it wouldn`t hurt to include them. It`s not like it`s going to be competitive or anything, seeing as it IS a DevPick.

Oh well. May try anyway.
    Last edited by EmeraldTiger; 01-21-2011 at 05:10 PM.
    Dont have had English lessons on school ?
    You dont understand word i just word do you?
    - Draven of LowLandLions

Check out my blog, EmeraldProductions:
    http://emeraldproductions.weebly.com/

Senior Member fraggedICE is on a distinguished road
    Sounds good.

Junior Member Samja is on a distinguished road
    Most people can't run properly, let alone chasing EFC and taking him down. This devpick will be highly abused by people who can capture the flag very quickly. But I understand QL devs don't really care about their game, so I presume they rarely visit games on ctf4 where literally one guy who knows the tricks can make the score 8-0 easily.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    It's a devpick, it's a bit of weekend fun, you're taking it far too seriously Samomysl.

Besides this is seriously close to capturestrike and that was ridiculously popular.

Or the no self damage on Silent Night for two weeks over Christmass a year ago.

Junior Member Samja is on a distinguished road
    Firstly, games are for fun. QL should be fun all the time I'm playing it, not only on weekends. Secondly, it can't be "a bit of weekend fun" when it's obviously frustrating in most games. The fact that they're unrestricted is the root of all evil about them. Neither weekend devpicks nor the standard modes is fun to me anymore.
    Last edited by Samja; 01-21-2011 at 05:47 PM. Reason: I meant unrestricted, not unranked.

Junior Member DangerMouse1981 is on a distinguished road
    Great stuff - nice to see a response to community comment.

Senior Member mellow is on a distinguished road mellow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Samomysl View Post
    Firstly, games are for fun. QL should be fun all the time I'm playing it, not only on weekends. Secondly, it can't be "a bit of weekend fun" when it's obviously frustrating in most games. The fact that they're unrestricted is the root of all evil about them. Neither weekend devpicks nor the standard modes is fun to me anymore.
    So then find another game. I recommend Counter-Strike if you can't handle Capture-Strike. :>

#NATDM.QL on Quakenet IRC

Senior Member system_ is on a distinguished road system_'s Avatar
    Fast weap switch next weekend plz.

+ Reply to Thread