+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Raztrainql_beta3 lane 8 halfbeat with cgaz hud and keypresses

Senior Member joz is on a distinguished road

Raztrainql_beta3 lane 8 halfbeat with cgaz hud and keypresses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAxPgIv4Q8s

Performed in quake live. I edited the demo to run in q3 and opened it in the defrag mod for the extra information. For those who dont know, the cgaz hud is like a compass that shows optimal angles for strafe jumping. The dark green area is the "acceleration area" The bright green end is the fast end and the yellow end is the slow end, so its best to keep your crosshair just to the side of the bright green stripe.

how i did it: export demo to xml via QLDT, then change the protocol from 73 to 68, then import it back to qldt as a q3 demo.
    decrypt raztrainql_beta3.pk3 and pak16.pk3 with quakelivedec, rename the zip files to pk3 and paste them into the q3/baseq3 folder.
    Run the demo normally.
    I got the idea from kittenignition, but he didnt say how he did it so I figured it out myself.

Its not the best halfbeat demo ever, I mistimed the 3rd jump and lost 20ups (OMG, DISASTER LOL!!!!). It was originally just an experiment to see how kitten did it, but when I managed it, i thought I would just upload it.

*TRA5H
    Quote Originally Posted by J0Z View Post
    Its not the best halfbeat demo ever, I mistimed the 3rd jump and lost 20ups (OMG, DISASTER LOL!!!!).
    I noticed that, still a nice run though :x

What's the highest UPS you've ever gotten in raztrainql_beta3?

edit: just noticed you CJ'd 524, that's pretty manly. Isn't max in QL only like 530?
    edit2: why does gazhud skip the 6th jump? the markers skip from 841 UPS to 973 UPS.
    Last edited by TRA5H; 01-21-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Senior Member crucci is on a distinguished road
    That's awesome. thanks

The fastest I've gone is around 1180-1190. I think beating that would be really difficult. The fastest CJ I have noticed myself do is 531, and that is in the video in my signature, although i wouldn't say it is a maximum. A bot could do 540 easily, if it existed =].

*TRA5H
    The fastest I've gone is around 1180-1190. I think beating that would be really difficult. The fastest CJ I have noticed myself do is 531, and that is in the video in my signature, although i wouldn't say it is a maximum. A bot could do 540 easily, if it existed =].
    Any idea as to why cgaz hud skipped jump #6?

I dont know, I put it down to a demo bug. It was a pain to get the QL demo working smoothly in defrag, and im not surprised that there were a few errors. Also notice that it doesnt record the correct speed when I mistimed the jump, it records the speed I left the jump at, not the speed I landed.

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Amazing stuff. And you did it while toting the RL too

These vids inspired me to have a crack at half beat. I just can't bring myself to let of W tho on the alternate jump. My finger is welded to the keyboard. Habits have become ingrained...
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    and here i was getting ready to do this...

pretty sure the missed jump was caused by the stepheight or something, and didnt realize that he landed, but kind of bounced off the corner... anyway, you converted the demo more reliably than me, which is kinda funny, but w/e. im talking to people learning how to do a complete, proper conversion, so you can open demos in q3mme or defrag etc... havent worked on this in a while though. good work

Senior Member fraggedICE is on a distinguished road
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-j-SsSmutU

Here at 4:05 I did a 541 UPS CJ. I was quite surprised too, I checked firstly in wolfcam @ timescale 0.01 and it said 541, then I did timescale 0.01 in QL and cl_avidemo 100, and it also said 541.
    To cross that CJ distance you need at least 530 UPS, I managed to do that quite a few times while making that vid, theres also a CJ to the left at 3:00 which is 533 UPS, I found left took a lot more tries for me.
    Of course, that 541 UPS jump was after a whole day taking demos for this video, so I did do quite a lot of practice lol.

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    if we're talking about circlejumps, i finished red on tr1ckhouse-beta2, but couldnt do yellow. my best was 538u. this is also with the "old" settings (stepheight 18 +stuff).

demo > LOL

i honestly could have done better, and completed yellow, but i didnt try for more than 10 minutes, and i kinda surprised myself when i hit an average of 525u...

+ Reply to Thread