Quake Live Strafe Jump Troubleshooting (tutorial video)
I got some positive responses last time i posted this video on the old forums, so here it is again for you newcomers.
A tutorial video aimed at improving the strafe jumping of begginer/intermediate players by explaining what makes you go faster.
Includes a demo of a 530 ups circle jump and lane 8 on raz3rs map with keypresses, speedometer, and slow motion.
Map link (click me)
If you see blackness, then join the red team!!
Installation Instructions: (copied from RAZ3R's original thread)
Extract the pk3 from the zip file and place it in your baseql folder, which is located:
Vista/win7 - Code:
XP - Code:
Then right click on the pk3, go to properties, then check 'read only' (if you don't do this quakelive will delete the file). Then start up a CTF bot game and from the console (ctl+alt+`) type 'map raztrainql_beta3', join the red team, and you're done.
Mac instructions (thanks to mAKKEH):
1. Unpack the file by doubleclicking it. There will be a separate file called raztrainql_beta3.pk3 in the file you decided to unpack it in.
2. Rightclik the file, press "Show Info", and press the hatch "Locked", to make it locked.
3. Browse to user/Library/Application Support/QuakeLive/quakelive/baseq3/ , and move the file here.
4. Open up a CTF Bot game, open console, and type 'map raztrainql_beta3'.
5. Join the red team
Linux instructions (thanks to Salamatiqus)
1) Copy map to "/home/%username%/.quakelive/quakelive/baseq3/" folder
2) Open up Terminal and move to Quake Live's directory by typing:
3) Make maps undeletable to prevent Quake Live's rage for 3rd party maps.
Become root (sudo or su, maybe you will need go to baseq3's folder again), then type into terminal:
chattr +i raztrainql_beta3.pk3
4) Start a CTF training match with bots (or without them )
5) Bring Console (` or ctrl+alt+`) and type:
6) Join the red team.
7) Train your skills