There are always issues with maps that need pointing out. This thread serves as a place for anyone to report any map-related problems in the hope that the devs will address them. I might update this post periodically.
- You're meant to be able to shoot through the top grate, in this version it isn't possible. That makes a major difference compared to the original map to such a degree that it doesn't even play the same way as the original does.
Asylum, Quarantine, Trinity:
- Missing intermission cameras.
Visible Caulk or HOM Issues
- Wall next to small jumppad, next to main jumppad.
Sorrow: PG ammo stuck in lava below grate next to Quad. (requires noclip to see, caught it when speccing with /noclip since the spectator code changes)
Good find! Added.
Originally Posted by EmeraldTiger
on dreadwerkz, you can fall in the lava under RA and not die - seen it w/ me own eyes.
Similar to that ctf3 exploit? Never seen that so I'll have to check that out first.
Originally Posted by iSuckz
Oh my god. When You people will learn that it is NOT! lava - it is Fog of Death.
About dredwerkz - I have seen it recently, similar trick is possible in Grim Dungeons near SG
Great suggestions OP
Thanks for taking the time to point these out. I have experienced some of these issues before, but did not bother to point them out. I am glad there are people who do.
Hopefully, some of them can be adjusted in the next update.
From memory as I can't play where I'm atm :) Confirm before pasting to OP :)
"Visible caulk" HOMs:
- Grim Dungeons on the wall above low RL.
- Devilish in the small lava.
Too dark maps (with lightmap, places where models are dark or walls are black, NOT vertex bugs):
- Purgatory in quad room where 2 ammo crates are.
- Sorrow at LG.
- Tornado on back of the boxes with RL below RA.
- Devilish in the SG/CG/RA area and path to LG with that useless place with a spawn.
- Dies Irae practically everywhere (only cityy can save this map with his 4000 lights).
- Battleforged has GL ammo in TDM layout even though there's no GL. Personally I'd replace top RL with GL, 2 RLs in TDM layout make this map all rocket corner camping, which I hate.
Oh, and Revolver has disappearing grate: http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...w-revolver-map
BTW, I think there must have been two versions of this map in Q3 because I've heard you couldn't shoot through the grate in the original.
also the stairs should not be stuck to the wall, i suggest to let a tiny small amount of space between the stairs and the wall to be able to throw grenades at it while being down.
Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan86